Cross-sector integration Architect
The Applications Development Group Manager is a senior management level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department in an effort to establish and implement new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology Team. The overall objective of this role is to drive applications systems analysis and programming activities. Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple teams of professionals to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions)
- Provide strategic influence and exercise control over resources, budget management and planning while monitoring end results
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and contribute to defining standards
- Integrate in-depth knowledge of applications development with overall technology function to achieve established goals
- Provide evaluative judgement based on analysis of facts in complicated, unique, and dynamic situations including drawing from internal and external sources
- Influence and negotiate with senior leaders across functions, as well as communicate with external parties as necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in applications development
- Experience in management
- Experience managing global technology teams
- Working knowledge of industry practices and standards
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
With a significant portion of our trading volume and revenue being done with MSS, it is imperative that we have a senior architect in that area as we are dealing with the cross-asset complexity of MSS. This role will coordinate with multiple application owners across ICG to ensure that trade flow, product lifecycle, regulatory reporting and risk infrastructure for CPB is fit for purpose. The CPB business is employing multiple MSS systems to support their flows. This is all the more important as we see a prospect with consumer merger with the execution on HNW aspects. More clients across the continuum from consumer might need to be onboarded onto our GCMP construct that would require careful thought on approach and scale.
This role is to resolve technical issues, to ensure that all parts of the technical design are reviewed and correctly incorporated, define the development tools and environment, and provide technical support and technical quality control throughout all the stages of the project and implementation of necessary technology.
Help in simplifying and modernizing the Citi technology environment reducing higher costs and risks. Implement and enforce a firm-wide process and set of Architecture Principles through Architecture Review Boards (ARBs) for CPB (CGW). By reviewing work-efforts at several points in their delivery lifecycle (rather than just once in the middle as the existing process achieves), any necessary course corrections to ensure technology investment aligns to our target state architecture will be made earlier and with less impact, enabling Citi to achieve its enterprise-wide goals while supporting efficient delivery to individual lines-of-business. Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Applications Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting