Spenmo is building a magical payables experience for businesses in the Asia-Pacific region.
We offer an all-in-one software that consolidates corporate cards, bill payments, approvals and accounting reconciliation into one sleek interface. Thousands of customers that use Spenmo across the region save over 50 hours and $10,000 every month.
We are growing fast (200+ employees) and have raised over US$36M in venture capital from leading investors such as Y Combinator, Insight Partners, Addition, Salesforce, Global Founders' Capital and Alpha JWC.
Come join us and let's build an iconic company together. Responsibilties
- Develop risk management strategies and risk appetites
- Monitor risks within the business according to the company's frameworks
- Set limits and credit criteria for existing as well as new customers
- Advise board management on group risk policies and risk management frameworks
- Collaborate with business units to identify, measure and report on the company's risk exposures and to ensure risks and managed within risk tolerances and that action plans are actionable and followed up on
- Lead initiatives for the development of a methodology for the measurement of the management credit portfolio throughout the company
- Develop and improve a credit reporting and monitoring framework that meets the requirements of various external and internal stakeholders
- Ensure the provision of timely and accurate credit risk reports and interpret information and suggests actions for management to consider
- Carry out responsibilities related to the risk committee board which includes preparation of information packages and respond to requests for data/analytics from the committee
- Improve and review the company's credit policy and standards to ensure that it reflects best practice and manages the group's risk assets
- Provide requirements and design inputs, particularly those relating to credit risk recognition, measurement and reporting as part of the core team for the application of the main credit risk-related projects
- Strategically hire, train, and manage risk teams
- Partner with the product team to determine how technology helps to detect and reduce risk
- Analyse key metrics to determine risk
- Maintain the credit model platform which is utilised by the team and expected to provide advice and guidance on ongoing efficiency gains and new credit modelling methodology
- 8+ years of experience and ideally have worked in SMB lending company in Indonesia / South-east Asia
- Experience in SMB bank lending + fintech experience would be a plus
- Fluent in English
- Solid experience in technical skills as well as excellent leadership skills
- Problem solver and result driver
- Strong knowledge of different types of risks within fintech companiesPositive track record within financial services
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
At Spenmo, we are looking for people who are passionate, innovative, and hungry to learn new things. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience might not precisely match the job description. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who are not afraid to challenge assumptions. Trust yourself that your diverse experiences and skillsets will separate you from the rest and join us!