Credit Risk Associate, Traded Credit Risk
- Dec 15, 2021
- S$5-9k pm
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a Corporate and Investment Bank with strong footprints and relationship in the Asia region.
The Singapore team is looking for an Associate hire to join their Credit Risk department. Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, you will be part of a team providing expertise in credit risk management of a distinct portfolio of predominantly APAC financial institutions counterparties (country or sector) to ensure they remain within the bank's appetite and minimise credit losses. You will also be given exposure to provide Traded Credit Risk management support for deal clearance requests from Trading & Sales.
Role and responsibilities
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Trading & Sales acting as an enabler with business partners, seeking to find solutions to proposals
- Demonstrate sound credit judgement in analysis and approval/decline (if required) as part of the annual review process, new transactions and/or excess approvals, reflecting understanding of pertinent issues and risk drivers and in line with delegated authority
- Proactively manage the credit risk profile of the APAC credit portfolio and ensure that risks are identified, assessed and mitigated to the desired level
- Identify problem cases, taking action to mitigate risk and ensuring that the appropriate internal governance is followed
- Provide expert support and advice to the business on the management of the credit risks in the APAC FI portfolio, including interpreting and complying with the relevant risk policy standards and risk management framework, and sharing relevant information as appropriate, g. regarding changes in risk appetite, emerging trends, potential threats and opportunities.
- Assist senior credit managers to ensure timely and productive kick-off meetings are held with offshore support teams / analysts. Review financial analysis provided by Credit Analysts; providing constructive feedback and coaching, as appropriate, to ensure required standards are met
- Participate in client due diligence meetings as appropriate / required
- Maximise cost effective efficiency through contribution to the change agenda, constructive challenge and improving processes
- Contribute to the development of a 'team working' ethos, take responsibility for own personal development and pro-actively support the team with development where appropriate
- Act as cover for the Traded Credit Risk Management function by providing timely and accurate credit figures for live deal clearance to Sales and Trading, including providing or facilitating approvals where required
- Assist the Excess Management team in analysing credit risk breaches
- Credit risk analysis experience (minimum 2 years experience), preferably covering financial institutions
- Knowledge of key risks in Traded products (e.g. FX, interest rate swaps, Repo, Options) and associated key documentation terms and agreements used
- Have the ability to work independently with minimum supervision and exhibiting a positive "can do' attitude and willingness to broaden horizons outside of core credit competency required. This includes embracing the integrated (Credit, Market, Operational Risk & Traded Credit Risk Management) operating model for Risk in APAC
- Have a take ownership and following up mindset and able to work successfully as part of a team and with senior management
- Bachelor/Masters degree or equivalent professional qualification.
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss the opportunity further, please click apply now or email Hagen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932