A Top Tier Investment Bank is currently looking for a Credit Product Delivery Associate to join their team. Our client offers competitive remuneration. The successful applicant will be responsible for the facilitation and management of the deal lifecycle from mandate through to execution and serving as the first point of contact for Bankers and Trade Sales, providing transaction support (particularly for cross-border and complex transactions), and managing the document execution and deal closing process.
In carrying out this role the key responsibility is the facilitation and management of the deal lifecycle from mandate through to execution and serving as the first point of contact for Bankers and Trade Sales, providing transaction support (particularly for cross-border and complex transactions), and managing the document execution and deal closing process. Partner with the LIBOR Transition Project team and work across multiple business and product lines, support LIBOR remediation efforts in accordance with the firm-wide transition plans, ensure delivery of satisfactory client experience.
The role will report to the Head of Singapore Credit Product Delivery. This position will be based in Singapore.
Deal Closing & Client Support
- LIBOR transition and transformation: coordination of legal document remediation process, escalate any issues and roadblocks to Bankers and the LIBOR Transition Project team
- Transaction coordination: primary point of contact and escalation across end to end deal lifecycle, including onshore, offshore and cross-border deal coordination
- Provide insight into negotiation of legal agreements and status of transaction closing. Escalate backlogs and issues to Bankers as needed to move the transaction along the closing lifecycle
- Track handoffs, process and timing/requirements, metrics and escalations as required
- Pipeline Management and Support.
- Query Resolution
- Coordination of legal documentation across all lending products
- Managing the execution of credit facility letters, deal closing process, ownership of sourcing and reviewing client constitutional documents, conditions precedent / subsequent
- Preparation and coordination of deviations (including approvals) during negotiations across all categories
- Populating standard agreements and performing gap analysis / preparation work on non-standard docs for legal
- Manage controls framework, reporting and escalation for transaction execution
- Working across functional areas to ensure all operational, financial and technology risks have been addressed
- Collaborating with business and support functions to drive best practices both internally and in the external markets
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skill set:
- Min Bachelor's degree in Banking and Finance, Business or related disciplines
- Min 5 years of banking experience within Credit Administration, Transaction Management or Credit Execution.
- Strong credit and documentation knowledge across core lending products/agreements (e.g. Loans, Trade finance, specific local market knowledge where required)
- Strong relationship management and partnership with the Business, Technology and Corporate groups
- Sound understanding of banking processes and products
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- History of success working in a team environment
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Strong decision-making capabilities and the ability to identify problems and drive to resolution
- Proactive/self-starter with the ability to deliver value-added support to business partners and clients in a dependable, timely and accurate manner
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to accept new assignments and challenges in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to problem solve and deliver solutions at root cause
- Highly organized, motivated and strong prioritization skills
Interested candidates please email your CV in Word Format to Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org
EA License: 94C3609
Reg No: R1439496