- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 08 Jan 18
Credit Analyst, Corporate Banking
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
The Global Subsidiaries team is one of the most crucial teams within International Corporates. They not only manage the firm's relationships with large corporations and public sector organizations globally but they also assist to overcome challenges our clients may face and help them meet their financial and business objectives.
The role of the Analyst within this team is important as Analysts provide independent credit analysis, and form the basis for implementing a credit strategy aimed at maximizing our client wallet share. Analysts provide Relationship Manager(s) with a thorough understanding of the client's industry, business cycles, and other relevant factors. To meet this objective, Analysts may focus on certain specific industry segments, along with effectively managing a credit portfolio.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
As a successful Analyst within the Global Subsidiaries team, you will provide proactive, comprehensive and timely credit analysis to Relationship Managers and the Credit community. Your daily job would include:
- Provide Relationship Managers with client insights in relation to an industry sector, client information and account plans
- Manage ongoing quality of portfolio, producing exception reports, review credit extending across entire portfolio to ensure consistency of approach
- Educate Relationship Managers on macroeconomic fundamentals impacting their credit portfolio
- Provide creative recommendations to Relationship Managers by monitoring peer groups & competitors and undertaking industry reviews based on non-standard industry / company information / data (equity, credit reports, press and magazine reports)
- Evaluate learning around exception cases and seek to share this with other Analysts to help properly capture risk profiles and ensure robust credit analysis
- Assist, train and mentor Junior Credit Analysts, Interns and International Graduates
- Assist Head CA / Relationship Managers / other team members on ad-hoc projects / deals etc. as and when required.
Qualifications & Skills
Candidates with a background in business, economics or accountancy and with at least 7-8 years' experience in corporate banking / investment banking / funds / credit rating agencies would be ideal for this role. A professional qualification like MBA, CFA, etc. will be an advantage.
Intermediary skills in the following area would be necessary:
- Credit Risk Management
- Credit Analysis / Quantitative Analysis
- Good hands on exposure to financial modelling
- Solution / Deal Structuring
- Corporate Banking Product Knowledge (in particular Trade financing products)
- Industry / Business Knowledge
- Account Strategy and Planning