- SGD70000 - SGD80000 per annum
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd , EA Licence No: 03C5451
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
A Credit Analyst job has just been made available at a leading financial services firm based in Singapore.
About the Credit Analyst role:
Reporting to the Senior Credit manager, you will be in charge of negotiating financial transactions within authority limits.
- Provide support to the global Political & Credit Risk underwriting team, in coordination with the Senior Credit Manager, in analysing, and presenting analysis on individual credit risks, drawing out deal strengths / weaknesses
- Produce ratings for corporate obligors and transactions based on established procedures utilising external modelling guidelines (e.g. Moody's)
- Under the guidance of the SCM, proactively produce ad hoc economic, industry and sector analysis to enable effective and more efficient underwriting; the nature of risk underwritten is global in reach across all industry sectors and including all types of banking and commercial transactions
- Support the global P&CR team in forming and continually monitoring robust views on international economies and key sectors
- Support the function of the Underwriter through participating in market meetings, broker events, and the enquiry flow
- Begin training in the technical aspects of Underwriting
To succeed in this Credit Analyst role, you should have prior experience working in the credit department of an international bank with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- University degree in Mathematics, Economics or other quantitative or business-oriented field
- High proficiency of spoken and written Mandarin to liaise with Mandarin-speaking counterparts
- Knowledge of the credit and political risk-underwriting environment would be preferable
- Strong computer and analytical skills
- Advanced use of Excel, good working knowledge of other Microsoft Office tools
- Experience using Bloomberg is desirable
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fully familiar with the risk characteristics, drivers and mitigants of a wide range of international banking products including all aspects of corporate lending, real estate finance, trade, structured and commodity finance, borrowing base/reserve based lending and project finance
- At least 2-3 years' experience in a head or regional office credit department of an international bank
This multinational financial services firm is recognised as the leader in its field of expertise. The firm is also very focused on developing and training its people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Credit Analyst job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1871995 Benjamin Chong