Country Head, DBS Dubai and Head of Corporate & Investment Banking (Based in Dubai)
Corporate and Investment Banking provides corporate customers with a full range of commercial banking products and services, including cash management services, current accounts, time deposits, trade finance, working capital finance, term loans and foreign exchange. Through our continued commitment, DBS has cultivated long-standing relationships with its customers in the region that are based on account relationship management, service differentiation, product development and rigorous credit standards. Responsibilities
- To develop and implement business strategy in line with agreed corporate strategies and to ensure key performance indexes are met;
- To provides oversight on the business performance, both from quantitative and qualitative perspective.
- To lead, direct and coach senior staff and coordinate marketing and origination initiatives of DBS Dubai's various Business Units so that it works as a cohesive and focused business units supporting strategic direction of the DBS Group and DBS Dubai Branch;
- To maintain existing client relationships and develop new client relationships across GCC with potential for connectivity with Asia and drive coordination of various business lines within the Group to provide suitable financial products/solutions/services.
- To ensure operating procedures of all business units and support units in the branch comply with DFSA, DIFC, MAS and any other applicable regulatory requirements and Group policies and procedures;
- To ensure that people, systems, and processes are efficient, effective and appropriate to meet current and future business need of DBS Dubai branch;
- To oversee HR matters at the branch in consultation with Group HR with the support from HR Designate at the branch; and
- To represents DBS Bank Ltd within the wider community.
- Masters Degree holder in Finance, Economics or related discipline
- Minimum of 10-12 years relevant experience in corporate & investment banking, involving loan syndication, debt capital markets, equity capital markets and merger & acquisition advisory related transactions
- Good knowledge and experience in TMT with focus on Telecom and Media Sector covering South Asia and Middle East markets
- Strong leadership skill with experience in managing and leading team in origination and execution
- Results-oriented, resourceful and strong business connections in identifying and developing business opportunities. Track record and experience in this aspect will be an advantage
- Develop business strategies and maintain discipline in planning of daily activities to conform to long-term vision and direction of the team
- Strong credit and financial analytical skills, experience in industry research
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.