Country Cluster HR Function Group Manager - Managing Director
This role is a senior management level position and the incumbent will be a key member of the Regional Consumer Management Team, the Senior Global Consumer HR Team and Asia Region HR Team. A critical aspect to the role is to understand the business objectives and work with the business partners to formulate and implement HR Strategies that reflect business plans and contribute positive impact to business results. The incumbent will also become a trusted adviser / confidante to the Business Head and Direct Reports, participating as a full partner offering independent judgement and maintaining objectivity. The incumbent will participate as a fully contributing member of the Senior Global and Regional HR Teams. Strong partnerships with the HR CoEs is crucial to ensure alignment of individual performance with business results and up-grading the capability of the organization as the business evolves through talent/hiring decisions and developmental programs.
This role supports Citi's Asia Consumer Bank with approx. 20,600 employees serving clients in more than 120 cities in 17 of the fastest growing, highly competitive and complex markets in the Asia Pacific and EMEA region. The region includes a mix of developed and emerging markets businesses. Generates $7.65bn revenues, the business is highly profitable with a strong brand and market leadership across product lines. The business offers a diversified range of products, including Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance, Mortgage, Citi Branded Cards and Unsecured loans to over 17 million clients. The business is well positioned to grow a high quality customer base that will benefit most from our capabilities, where digitization and data are key strengths, integral to our strategy of acquiring, engaging and servicing our clients. Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage a staff of HR professionals to accomplish established goals and conduct complete employee life-cycle actvities for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions. Build/lead a high performing HR team that contributes to business results.
- Serve as strategic partner and subject matter expert acting as consultant and liaison to HR and Business Partners in determining the most effective and efficient way to execute against HR and business strategies.
- Influence strategic direction of the business function and ensure alignment to the broader business goals.
- Establish an HR strategy that builds organizational and leadership capability reflecting the business strategy, competitor activity, and the key business drivers and contribute to HR initiatives across the business function using innovative or groundbreaking methods. Drive a forward compatible, best in class strategic talent agenda.
- Develop a strategic approach to diversity and inclusion. Ensure business recruitment strategy includes recruitment and retention of diverse employees (i.e. career planning, manager effectiveness, more).
- Build and maintain working relationships within local, regional, and global HR teams to ensure consistency of HR approaches and processes for the business and translate business priorities and goals into actions for the broader HR organization.
- Lead change management and organizational development, design initiatives to ensure alignment with business strategy, provide thought leadership and tools to help leaders optimize organizational effectiveness and implement organizational change.
- Provide business leaders and senior management executive coaching to enhance leadership effectiveness, advice, and real-time counsel in addressing employee and organization issues.
- Identify and help close capability gaps within the organization, assess and validate high potential talent, and drive succession planning with senior management.
- Partner with the HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) such as Staffing, Compensation, Talent, and Leadership and Development, and apply knowledge of business context to hiring, promotion, training, and compensation decisions.
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in people management
- Demonstrated problem-solving and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated consultative skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
Grade : ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .