- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Country Business Manager – Singapore, Australia & Brunei
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Country Business Manager – Singapore, Australia & BruneiAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The successful candidate will act as a trusted advisor in supporting the Financial Markets (FM) Country Head in managing and running the FM business in-country.
Supporting the FM Country Head in the:
- · Definition and implementation of the local FM strategy and business initiatives;
- · Execution and delivery of the global FM agenda locally;
- · Open interactions with the local regulators and relay any regulatory expectations that may impact Group;
- · Articulation of business performance to stakeholders, and manage business under performance;
- · Business budgeting and forecasting where required;
- · Driving and management of a prudent cost culture;
- · Running of the Business Risk Forums (BRFs);
- · Supervision of FM, and oversight of Treasury Markets and Wealth Management Product Sales (WMPS) in the local dealing rooms.
- · Growing Singapore, Brunei and Australia revenue multiple times in a defined period
- In addition:
- · Partner with local support functions and stakeholders to agree and prioritize our support agenda and to unblock business issues;
- · Identification, assessment and mitigation of operational risks in-country; Lead working groups to resolve these issues as necessary
- · Establish and operate / execute effective controls to monitor, report and escalate operational risks where appropriate;
- · Ensuring dealing room staff adhere to internal and external processes and procedures, and governance practices set out by the FM Process Governance Committees.
- · Supervise and coordinate in-country audits;
- · Continuously seek out process simplification and re-engineering opportunities to improve operational efficiency in collaboration with Functions;
- · Keep up to date with local regulations to assess impact / business opportunities and manage any changes to business processes and infrastructure. Proactive learning and guidance to FM head and highlight opportunities to improve business operational efficiency and revenue accretive
- · Develop and manage a high performing, lean, effective and well-respected FM COO Country team.
- · Singapore FM COO team must be the "connector" between global and local and export best practices. This hire must be self driven and motivated. Have the maturity and gravitas to influence and drive change globally
Our Ideal Candidate
- · Fundamental and expert knowledge of the Financial Markets business - products, systems, processes, abreast of changing regulation and impact to Singapore, Brunei and Australia
- · Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills to clearly articulate issues and ideas.
- · Process driven and systematic in the approach to resolving challenges
- · Collaborative and creative problem solver, while being outcome focused.
- · Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows and excellent attention to details
- · Comfortable working in a relatively unstructured and multi-cultural environment
- · Professional Qualification (e.g. ACA, CIMA, CFA) preferred.
- · Excellent financial and performance management capability (including balance sheet management) and experience in preparing business plans.
- · Ability to independently drive regulatory changes and business initiatives.
- · Experience in managing a team and collaborating with peers across geographies
- · Strong risk, conduct & control background
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.