Reporting to the regional Capital Management Lead who is based in Hong Kong, we are looking for a highly motivated professional to join our regional Capital Management team providing and supporting all real estate planning activities and capital project execution for Goldman Sachs in the APAC region. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Capital Management team is a sub-function of the Product Finance team within Spend Management. Capital Management consists of Project Controls and Project Accounting. This role will focus on the Project Controls side of the team with opportunities to also get involved in some procurement activities. Project Controls oversees the 'day to day' management of estimating, cost management, risk management, support scheduling (program / project timelines), reporting and other related control functions for all capital projects within the Asia Pacific region. This role will report to the Regional Lead of the Asia Pacific Capital Management and will partner with team members from Real Estate Development, Real Estate Strategy, Facilities Management, Strategic Sourcing and Project Accounting.
The role will be assigned multiple projects within the Asia Pacific region and will be the lead from Project Controls on those projects. The role will partner most closely with the Real Estate Development (Project Management) and Strategic Sourcing (Procurement) to deliver assigned projects on time and on budget. This role will also be asked to own various business processes and/or initiatives that span across Capital Management in Americas and EMEA regions.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR Basic Qualifications
- Ownership of various capital projects across the Asia Pacific region from a Project Controls perspective including but not limited to estimating, cost control and scheduling support during the project execution
- Manage projects with supplementary external resources from inception to occupation
- Management of third party vendor staff working on behalf of Project Controls
- Assist in the development of weekly and monthly status update presentations/emails/reports to report project progress to CWS Senior Leadership
- Manage overall Asia Pacific region capital expenditure 5 year forecasts
- Manage insurance portfolio and lease dilapidations forecasting
- Attend project meetings and follow up on actionable items and deliverables.
- Reports on key issues to Regional Lead and liaison with Global Capital Management Lead on an ongoing basis
- Involvement in business processes and/or reports that cover the entirety of the Asia Pacific region
- Become a subject matter expert in our controls and business processes. Become a super-user of PMWeb, our Project Management Information Software
- Bachelor's Degree with major course work in construction and / or finance related field
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant construction cost control and estimating experience
- Broad understanding of commercial construction industry practices
- Ability to think analytically
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to adapt style as the situation requires
- Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork and consensus building ability
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities while maintaining high quality standards
- Strong sense of commerciality and value and with sound negotiation skills
- Strong vendor management skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity