Corporate and Workplace Solutions, Spend Management, Strategic Sourcing, Associate, Singapore
Strategic sourcing professionals within Corporate and Workplace Solutions (CWS) partner with businesses across the firm to create category strategies that drive informed procurement decisions, develop vendor management programs, drive / ensure spend compliance, and influence diverse spend to create sustainable value at optimal cost. CORPORATE AND WORKPLACE SOLUTIONS
The Corporate and Workplace Solutions Division (CWS) is comprised of Corporate and Workplace Solutions and the Office of Global Security. Our team focuses on commercial management, client support, advisory solutions, strategic planning, risk management, people security, real estate strategy and the enablement of collaboration and productivity tools across the firm.
CWS touches every single person at the firm, right down to when our people flash their IDs to come into the building, to the physical building, to the chair they're sitting in, to when they go down to the cafeteria. The remit of our team is to make sure every single one of those things is done in a professional and safe manner where people feel very connected to the organization. Our team is also responsible for the environmental, social and governance efforts in our facilities, communities and supply chain, from managing our carbon emissions to our spend with diverse suppliers. We strive to build great work solutions and experiences. How We're Organized
We deliver a world-class work experience and environment, managing the firm's corporate real estate strategy, client engagement solutions, essential commercial and risk management functions and flexible digital workstyles that drive the firm's operating efficiency and productivity.
- Workplace Experience - Encompasses the comprehensive onsite workplace experience, how people interact with the workplace, on and off-site events and our overall location strategy. Departments include Events, Real Estate Streategy, Real Estate Development and On-Site Solutions, which is comprised of Document Management, Facilities, Ground Transportation and Hospitality.
- Spend Management - Encompasses the functions responsible for managing all aspects of the firm's spend with third parties - advising commercial agreements, managing third party and payment risk and driving operating efficiency. Departments include Product Finance, Strategic Sourcing, Third Party Governance, Procure to Pay, Integrated Travel and Expense and Infrastructure & Transformation.
- CWS Engineering - Aligns several engineering functions on collaboration and productivity tools. Departments include Digital Workplace, Client & Production Engineering, Corporate Engineering, Windows Engineering, Spend, Data & Automation and Product Success & Delivery Engineering.
- Office of Global Security - Protects the people and assets of Goldman Sachs to ensure a safe and secure environment. Assesses risk to enable the delivery of effective security, fire and life safety protocols and leads crisis management preparation, implementation and recovery processes. Includes Physical Security & Investigations, Executive Protection, Fire Safety and Crisis Management.
- Divisional Management (COO) - Aligns division-wide functions to drive strategic cohesiveness, consistency and efficiency. Departments include Business Unit Management, Communications and User Engagement, Risk and Environmental, Social & Governance.
Strategic sourcing professionals within CWS partner with businesses across the firm in order to foster a competitive and diverse vendor environment which mitigates risk and maximizes value. Strategic Sourcing role is to create category strategies that drive informed procurement decisions creating sustainable value at optimal cost.
In addition, Sourcing are responsible for helping develop vendor management programs, drive spend compliance through tools and infrastructure and influence diverse spend across the firm.
Reporting to APAC Sourcing Lead and Functional Sourcing Lead, the procurement management professional will based in Singapore, will have a lead role in driving procurement and commercial decisions in vendor expenses across key spend categories. In addition, the role will be responsible for the day to day management of more junior team member(s) when required. How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
Skills / Experience Required
- Work collaboratively to deploy category management techniques to develop multi-year global strategies which support the delivery of the firm's commercial and operational objectives.
- Partner with business and functional leadership to understand short, medium and long-term third party requirements including demand management.
- Responsible for Procurement strategy creation and execution of key initiatives.
- Identify and implement best practices in procurement, commercial and vendor management.
- Drive supply side initiatives to reduce or contain risk, and / or create commercial and revenue generating opportunities.
- Ensure appropriate contract structures / types, pricing models, vendor incentive models, service level agreements, performance indicators and cost models are applied consistently across vendors.
- In conjunction with the business drive vendor commercial management with the firm's key vendors.
- Partner with internal and external legal counsel to ensure proper forms of Agreement are utilized, contractor conformance with the terms and conditions of the Agreements, and refinement of Agreements as required.
- Manage compliance with and provide reporting on the firm's commitments in relation to citizenship, for example CSR and diversity.
- Facilitate sharing knowledge, experiences and best practice within and across global Strategic Sourcing team.
Minimum five (5) years' experience in strategic souring and category management, particularity in the indirect spend with a preference in corporate services sourcing, HR (wellness & benefits), professiona fees, real estate development, and added advantage if any experience in technology sourcing.
Must have strong technical, strategic and project management skills as well as a strong foundation in supply chain management, sourcing and procurement, vendor management, legal and contracting or operational risk management.
- Functional Expertise - Understanding of strategic procurement, category management approach and procurement value proposition.
- Strategic Approach - Needs to be able to effectively create Category strategies with the ability to influence and guide key stakeholders with sourcing decisions. Needs to clearly understand and articulate the Procurement value proposition and demonstrate clear strategic thinking / intent within work product.
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills.
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks.
- Client and Business Focus - Strong stakeholder engagement skills. Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trust, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations.
- Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions.
- Bachelors / Post Graduation; and in addition if any relevant professional qualifications.
- Experience of successfully negotiating complex, high-profile contracts, including incentivized service level agreements
- Excellent client management skills and experience in leading projects involving a range of stakeholders
- Track record of being a team player collaborating with others within and across teams
- Proven, strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Professional and measured approach that has creditability within industry and with peers
- Strong executive-level communication/presentation skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strategic thinker with strong implementation ability
- Proficient with the suite of Microsoft Office software
- Experience of Ariba sourcing tool, PMWeb or other sourcing procure to pay tool