Corporate & Workplace Solutions, Office of Global Security, APAC Crisis & Resilience Manager, Hong Kong/Singapore
Who We Are
The Corporate and Workplace Solutions Division (CWS) is comprised of Corporate and Workplace Solutions and the Office of Global Security. Our team focuses on commercial management, client support, advisory solutions, strategic planning, risk management, people security, real estate strategy and the enablement of collaboration and productivity tools across the firm. Corporate and Workplace Solutions
We deliver a world-class work experience and environment, managing the firm's corporate real estate strategy, client engagement solutions, essential commercial and risk management functions and flexible digital workstyles that drive the firm's operating efficiency and productivity. How We're Organized
- Workplace Experience - Encompasses the comprehensive onsite workplace experience, how people interact with the workplace, on and off-site events and our overall location strategy. Departments include Events, Real Estate Strategy, Real Estate Development and On-Site Solutions, which is comprised of Document Management, Facilities, Ground Transportation and Hospitality.
- Spend Management - Encompasses the functions responsible for managing all aspects of the firm's spend with third parties -- advising commercial agreements, managing third party and payment risk and driving operating efficiency. Departments include Product Finance, Strategic Sourcing, Third Party Governance, Procure to Pay, Integrated Travel and Expense and Infrastructure and Transformation.
- CWS Engineering - Aligns several engineering functions focused on collaboration and productivity tools. Departments include Digital Workplace, Client and Production Engineering, Corporate Engineering , Spend, Data and Automation and Product Success and Delivery Engineering.
- Office of Global Security (OGS) - Protects the people and assets of Goldman Sachs to ensure a safe and secure environment. Assesses risk to enable the delivery of effective security, fire and life safety protocols and leads crisis management preparation, implementation and recovery processes. Includes Physical Security & Investigations, Executive Protection, Fire Safety and Crisis Management.
- Divisional Management (COO) - Aligns division-wide functions to drive strategic cohesiveness, consistency and efficiency. Departments include Business Unit Management, Communications and User Engagement, Risk and Environmental, Social & Governance.
The Crisis Management Centre (CMC) in Hong Kong/Singapore, which is part of the Office of Global Security (OGS) is a critical function that supports the firm throughout APAC. We have team of 7-8 contingent worker analysts staffing the CMC that allows for 24/7 monitoring and response to any incident that impacts our people or disrupts the normal operation of our businesses. The APAC CMC is responsible for leading the firm's crisis management response in Region.
The APAC CMC has been integral in ensuring staff safety and minimizing business impact in a number of recent events such as Typhoon Mankut in 2018, Hong Kong Protests in 2019 and the COVID-19 global pandemic in 2020. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Set the strategic direction and oversee the Crisis Management Centre to ensure core function delivery in line with the CMC and OGS missions.
- Engage with business representatives to build awareness of and compliance to crisis management requirements.
- Align, develop and drive delivery of CMC business plans to support regional business planning requirements and strategic priorities.
- Ensure the preparedness and resilience of the firms' crisis management framework including the training and drilling of crisis responders and drive awareness and adherence to crisis management requirements.
- Deliver and coordinate effective incident response and crisis management in Asia, where necessary, in liaison with OGS, other divisions, crisis responders and senior leadership, via the established crisis management framework.
- Lead the CMC to deliver effective crisis call management that facilitates the best outcomes for the firm, including chairing crisis calls and ensuring the CMC team deliver in line with the CM framework.
- Lead the CMC analysts and Senior Analysts to ensure effective delivery of all operational output including day-to-day tasking, training, drilling, recruitment, and oversight of all CMC analysts and Senior Analysts in line with the CMC mission and core functions.
- Lead the CMC's data strategy, including the collection, visualization and analysis of CMC data to understand risk and performance, and facilitate data driven decision making.
- Conduct and deliver projects that improve the operational performance of the CMC and contribute to regional and global alignment and best practices.
- Develop strong working relationships and work in concert with physical security teams to build and enable a coordinated response to safety and security incidents.
- Have in-depth understanding of the risk environment across the region, including geopolitical developments and oversee the delivery of topical and timely briefing products for OGS and GS leadership
- Resolve technical and process-related issues in the CMC, to ensure continuous operational readiness.
- Manage vendor relationships and contracts to ensure value for money and high quality service delivery as per specified requirements.
- Coordinate the review and update of OGS APACs Business Continuity Plans
- Flexible working, able to support CMC operations outside of normal business hours in times of crisis.
- Create and maintain an inclusive, meritocratic culture that embraces continuous improvement, leading by example.
- This position reports to the Regional Security Director.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills to ensure high quality consistent delivery through others
- Strong risk management - being able to identify and anticipate threats and risks and take appropriate, corresponding action
- Ability to operate with sound judgement under pressure
- Critical thinking, a willingness challenge the status quo and seek continuous improvement
- Strong communication, networking and stakeholder management skills, including senior leadership, to champion and defend the work of the CMC and OGS
- Excellent organization skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple requests for information and prioritize accordingly.
- Strong analytical ability especially in the production of geopolitical and incident reporting.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to guide and edit others' work.
- A broad understanding of the global security environment, with a particular focus on Asia.
- Numerically proficient and confident working with data to identify insight and inform decision making to drive continuous improvement
- 3 years' experience in Crisis Management or similar fields
- A comprehensive network of internal and external relationships, including engagement with professional and industry bodies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity