Corporate Treasury Operations - Liquidity Management - Associate
Corporate Treasury is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Corporate Treasury provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. Corporate Treasury span all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business. Liquidity Management is the firm's "central bank" for managing the firm's overall funding positions. The team works in a time sensitive environment in which accuracy of processing and timely escalation and communication with the various Operations teams and the firm's external Nostro Agent Banks is essential to a smooth settlement process. The successful candidate will work in the cash management team to support daily cash funding, new business build-out, and also aggressively drive forward control and efficiency initiatives. Liquidity Management manages short term liquidity by forecasting the firm's daily cash requirements. Liquidity Management then distributes the liquidity across Goldman Sachs' entities and bank accounts via intercompany loans (between different Goldman Sachs entities) or intracompany transfers (within the same entity). The team also partners with various agent banks to secure and manage the intraday liquidity to facilitate the successful cash settlement across all products/markets for the firm. Additional responsibilities include anticipating short-term borrowing needs and securing necessary funding, investing excess cash balance in short-term money market instruments. Responsibilities:
- Managing multiple Asian currency liquidity throughout the day.
- Work with the cash managers to meet the firm's short term funding requirement for bank accounts in Asia; monitor day to day cash payments/receipts in stringent regulatory markets.
- The individual will work with other teams supporting trading and client activities, responding to queries, and working through exceptional processes.
- Successful candidate will have an opportunity to become a SME in liquidity management in APAC and eventually become a team leader/manager.
- In addition, the individual would represent Liquidity management in evaluating new business opportunities.
- University degree holder
- Minimum of 3.5 years experience within Operations (liquidity/funding operations preferred)
- The individual will need strong communication
- Self-driven personality
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task
- Creativity and an ability to think laterally
Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved