Corporate Compliance, Compliance Data Management, Associate - Singapore
Compliance Data Management Associate Overview: About J.P. Morgan Chase& Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com . Description
Compliance Data Management team (CDM) is responsible for ensuring the highest quality of data for use in Corporate Compliance Reporting, Surveillance and Monitoring. This is achieved through the monitoring and validation of inbound data to identify data quality issues, complete impact assessment and remediate through the Defect Governance framework.
The team supports its Compliance and Advisory partners across multiple functions: Trade Surveillance & Employee Personal Account Dealing focusing on the prevention of manipulative or illegal trading practices, Client List Screening focusing on Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Sanctions & Know Your Customer (KYC) programs, AML Transaction Monitoring, focusing on the detection, investigation and reporting of suspected money laundering and terrorist financing, E-Communication Surveillance focusing on all communications of all regulated employees identifying activities that may be indicative of possible violations of internal policies and procedures, industry rules and regulations and Disclosure of Interest (DOI) wherein JPMorgan Chase & Co. monitors and discloses its interests in relevant securities to issuers, regulators and/or relevant markets, pursuant to the various laws and regulations across most global jurisdictions in which the Firm operates.
CDM also manages the Compliance Chief Data Office (CDO) responsibilities, ensuring data issues are reported and tracked in accordance with the Firm wide Data Office Policy, partnering to help influence Firm wide policy and/or best practice and drive consumer data standards across all Lines of Business. CDM is responsible for various projects/initiatives that focus on improving operational efficiencies and controls for the CDM organization and the areas we support.
The team partners globally with the following groups in support of this function:
- Back Office & Middle Office Operations teams
- LOB & Compliance Technology groups (Operate and AD)
- Global Compliance teams & Project Management Office
- Reference Data Teams and Domains (Security, Client and Pricing data etc.; Bloomberg, Reuters etc.)
- Firm Wide Data Management
- Monitor delivery and completeness of feed/files into and throughout the Compliance environment and escalate delays to the appropriate stakeholders
- Understand how data is consumed within the Compliance organisation and the impact data quality issues have on Corporate Compliance Reporting, Surveillance and Monitoring
- Manage the resolution of day-to-day data issues, including data feed errors, reconciliation breaks, missing / incomplete feeds, data quality issues and any other ad hoc data issues referred to the team
- Adhere to a robust controls framework across the global team, engaging regularly with regional Controls partners, ensuring processes & procedures remain consistent across regions
- Partner closely with key stakeholders (Tech, Compliance) to ensure data issues are documented per established governance forums, analysis performed, and remediation plans determined
- Work across various lines of business in JP Morgan - such as the Corporate & Institutional Bank, Asset Management, Consumer & Commercial Bank, etc. - partnering with technology contacts responsible for source feeds to determine root cause of data issues, obtain corrected data and determine action plan to correct issue going forward
- Participate in UAT, review test scripts, and create business requirement documentation (BRDs)
- Collaborate effectively with regional and global CDM colleagues to complete ad hoc projects and initiatives
Excellent verbal and written communication, able to work both as a part of a team or as an individual contributor
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Associates with 4-6 years' experience in the Financial Services industry with a demonstrated track-record of delivery and/or relevant experience in Compliance, Transaction Monitoring, Client List Screening and / or Surveillance
Highly disciplined individual, strong accuracy and attention to detail, self-motivated, and delivery focused Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders (project management, technology, lines of business) to build relationships and influence Experience in end to end exception/issue management process i.e. performing root cause analysis while resolving data quality issues Strategic thinker, ability to step back and look at the big picture Time management / ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines while maintaining quality output
Sound knowledge of banking products (specifically - Equity, Fixed Income)
Experience in an Operations, Middle Office, or Compliance environment (preferably with a focus on ensuring data quality) Knowledge of AML/KYC compliance including the USA Patriot Act, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC and related AML regulations an advantage Experience in defining/evolving processes, identifying efficiencies, and adhering to an appropriate Controls framework Intermediate Excel skills required for data analysis (e.g. use of pivot tables and v-lookups)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Visio
- Data Quality Management (Firm-Wide Data Tool)
- Data flow/systems management knowledge
- Business Objects / SQL experience.