Corporate Actions Analyst, Asset Management
- Nov 02, 2021
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a Global Asset Management business who is well known for their wide range of investment capabilities.
The Singapore team is looking for an Analyst to join their Corporate Actions team. Reporting to the team head, you will be part of a 3-man team, providing subject matter expertise across end to end corporate actions events which includes voluntary, mandatory and proxy events.
Role and responsibilities
- Methodically undertake all elements of corporate action processing with high level of accuracy within deadlines. This includes analysing and validating multiple data sources to create the gold copy, lifecycle management, instructing service providers and clearing of daily cash and asset reconciliation breaks
- Second check team members' work throughout key stages within the process, and immediately raise suspected issues
- Liaise directly with service providers, agents, market data services and occasionally directly with companies to fully understand the terms of events, including documentation and restrictions
- Articulate corporate action information to personnel at all levels, especially when raising potential issues to management before they material
- Periodically update procedures and documentation to ensure that they remain current and relevant
- Adhere to the Corporate Actions Procedures and propose process improvements for risk mitigation
- Proactively respond to queries from all internal and external parties, and develop and maintain relationships
- Strive to provide an excellent level of service to the fund management teams
- Agree deadlines and positions with custodians and brokers
- Regularly raise issues within internal and external processes, for Manager Service Review meetings
- Ad-hoc support to the other team members
- Minimum 3 years of equity and/or bond Corporate Actions experience
- Ability to articulate the corporate actions process flow by SWIFT messages
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and strong desire for accuracy
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and adhere to variable deadlines
- A methodical thinker who will challenge and propose process enhancements
- A team player, assisting colleagues without being asked
- Understanding of Front Office Corporate Actions processes
- Proficient using Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss the opportunity further, please click apply now or email Hagen at email@example.com for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932