Asset Servicing Lead Specialist
What the Team does
We are primarily responsible for timely, accurate interpretation and capture of all mandatory, elective corporate action stock and cash entitlements globally. Post payment date, we undertake prompt investigations to resolve corporate action events and income related reconciliation breaks, with both internal (Reconciliation team, Investment Desks, etc) and external stakeholders (counterparties and custodians), to ensure due entitlements and receipts are credited to portfolios.
What you will do
- Providing oversight and guiding junior members on the team’s daily activities.
- Perform timely corporate action events scrubbing and interpretations, to ensure accurate capture of accruals and entitlements for all mandatory and voluntary events.
- Validate to ensure timely instructions are sent to and processed by custodians on elected decisions of impacted portfolios.
- Reconcile stock entitlements received from custodians (from notifications) on payment date, against accruals.
- Investigate and resolve all stocks and cash reconciliations breaks, identified by Reconciliation team, by liaising and engaging internal teams, custodians and/or counterparties.
- Respond to Clients, Investment Desks’ and relevant stakeholders’ queries and manage expectations.
- Keep abreast of markets that impact corporate actions and income.
- Comply with all procedures and ensure existing documentations are updated timely.
- Perform on-going review of existing processes, to ensure controls are robust and methods are efficient.
- Work closely with other teams, departments and entities to better understand their needs, to promote collaboration and deliver service excellence.
- As a subject matter expert, you shall initiate, design and implement change requests and projects.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- 3 to 5 years relevant working experience in corporate actions or fund accounting role.
- Subject matter expert for Corporate Actions.
- Strong understanding in fundamentals of corporate action & income events, for cash securities and contract for difference.
- Excellent and proven investigations skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong prioritisation and organisational skills.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Experience coaching team members in their work.
- Strong understanding of operational risk and controls.
- Experience in Asset Management industry.
- Proficient in using Aladdin system.
- Experience with process automation and articulating workflows.
- Good with Microsoft applications, including Excel to an advanced level.
What you will be like
- Desire to lead and coach others.
- Able to see “big picture” and align business goals to the job.
- A proactive individual, with desire to learn and improve oneself.
- Meticulous, with good attention to details.
- Adaptable and embrace changes.
- Strong team player, who can work independently, within specified deadlines.
- Client focused, strive for service excellence.
- Strong interest in learning and harnessing new technology.
- Keen to pursue a career in the operations space within the financial industry.