Core Banking Techno Functional Project Manager
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
Act as a Project Manager cum Techno Functional in the APAC region for Core Banking Applications.
To take ownership of the full Project Management Lifecycle of projects from across the APAC region for Core Banking Applications across various business lines.
Category Service Deliverables
Project Management and Quality Follow up and governance • Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
• Communicate project details and schedules to the Business as required
• Maintains project documents repository in Sharepoint
• To apply standard quality assurance methodology
• Use standard tools and templates for reporting and change requests
• Risk monitoring on quality, delay and costs, reporting of any major issue or deviation to management
• Conduct workgroup and steering committee meetings
• To make sure the objectives are well defined and in line with the Business requirements.
• Contribute to organize communication (Steering committees, project committees…) with all actors (Sponsors, Central, regional and local teams in CIB ITO).
• To understand and apply group Standard methodology where deemed appropriate.
• To understand, assess and propose technical solutions and architectures related to Core Banking Application in coordination with infrastructure teams and other project teams.
• To ensure Functional and Technical support of Core Banking Applications.
Category Service Deliverables
Business analysis Process Deliver the appropriate documents required by project :
• Collection and validation of requirements
• Assess any relevant gap between a local payment processing organization and the target process
• Propose any necessary adaptation or parameterization to tools and processes
• Adequate handling of change requests coordinating with IT, Sponsors and any stakeholder required
• Organize User Acceptance Tests sign-off for go-live
• Other, as per management demand
Users • Handling of user requests regarding tools functioning, possible discrepancies.
Tools • Conduct the change management process
• Participating to any upgrade deemed necessary.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
The following qualities are also expected from the candidate:
• Service-oriented attitude with strong commitment to client satisfaction
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to consolidate action plans and report progress status
• Ability to adapt to a new environment and to work under pressure towards tight deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Ability to manage changing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
• Demonstrated effective leadership and strong Technical & Analytical skills
• Team player demonstrating initiative
• Oracle, PL/SQL
• Linux, UNIX , Perl scripts
• VB .Net
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or IT related field
More than 10 years of experience in the IT industry (Banking preferably).
3-4 years of previous Project Management experience
6-8 years of experience in Systems Analysis/Development/Technical in the Banking Industry
Advanced knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle