Controls Manager, RCRM
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Dec 17 2017-12-15
Controls Manager, RCRM
Job Title Controls Manager, RCRM
The Risk, Control and Regulatory Management team provides extensive specialist support, co-ordination and oversight of the Barclays International Operations' Risk and Control framework. The Controls Manager is primarily responsible for driving quality risk management and assurance in line with RCRM methodology, Group policies and standards. In addition, facilitate improvements to the framework and control environment through the deployment of enhancements and best practice.
· Define and lead the Risk Management framework to ensure compliance to standards and ensure effective oversight and governance is in place across all risk and control workstreams eg (Risk Events, Issue Management, RCSAs, Dispensation, Waivers and Breaches).
· Continue to develop and enhance the framework for Process Design Reviews, Deep Dives and Control testing across the assigned business operation.
· Understand and interpret Barclays Group Risk Control Frameworks and Policies to ensure they are applied and embedded across Barclays International Operations.
· Help define the Standards which will be used to support Policy in line with the Enterprise Risk Management framework across Barclays International Operations
· Manage the oversight of operational audits and provide guidance and support, including validation of factual accuracy of any emerging issues
· Independently monitor / review and challenge Risk information and indicators on an ongoing basis
· Present insightful Risk Management Information and advice to Operations ExCo / to enable a clear understanding of responsibilities in compliance with the Enterprise Risk Management Framework. Attend relevant Key Risk Assessment meetings, providing risk insight, challenge and progress updates on remedial actions.
· Raise Risk culture across Operations through the provision of training and education
· Strong Leadership/People Management skills
· Detailed knowledge of Operational Risk Management Frameworks and Industry Risk Management Practices
· Proven capability to operate across a wide remit
· Strong Communication and Influencing skills
· Risk Management Qualification (e.g. IRM)
· Shaping and influencing management thought leadership
· Ability to interact with all levels across the Bank
· Extensive working knowledge of operational risk & control processes and practices, including experience in their application across Operational functions
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.