Contractor, Trade Confirmation
- Permanent, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 15 Oct 18
Seeking a 9-months contractor for this role! Trade Confirmation in Portfolio Services Department is responsible for timely matching of cash securities, time deposits and foreign exchange transactions for Singapore operations hub, supporting Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia and London. Lateral responsibilities include partaking in reporting, counterparties & custodians management and internal stakeholders management.
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients’ needs. That’s why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £418.2 billion (€476.3 billion/$543.3 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 4,100 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business that’s managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients’ needs at the heart of everything we do. For over two centuries and more than seven generations we’ve grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients’ needs and interests. Explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
*as at 30 June 2017
Overview of role
- Ensure timely and accurate processing/matching of trades (Equities, Bonds, Unit Trusts, Time Deposits, Foreign Exchange – Spot / Forwards) under fast pace environment, to meet multiple intra-day custodian cut-off times.
- Perform all daily and regular checks to ensure all trades are processed and instructions successfully sent out to the respective custodians.
- Ensure timely daily reporting to clients and fund administrators (Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan)
- Ensure all procedures are duly complied with and existing documentations are updated timely
- Work closely with other teams, departments and entities to better understand their needs, so as to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the various functions of the team.
- 1-2 years of working experience
- Experience working in fast-paced environment
- Experience in security trades, time deposit and foreign exchange processing
- Have good knowledge of financial products like FX, Fixed Income and Equities