Contractor, Regulatory Change Manager - ESGR Prog
Who we're looking for
This role is part of Schroders' Compliance, Legal and Governance ("CLG") community, which has about 150 professional staff and provides support for 27 countries worldwide including Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Indonesia and Australia in Asia Pacific. This role is required to support the increasing ESG / Sustainability Regulatory requirements which are to be tracked and interpreted, supporting detailed business requirements, additional programme and workstream level meetings. In addition, the role is also required to assess impacts of global regulations on funds marketed in APAC.
We are looking for someone that is open to a 6-months contract. Location
This role will be based in Singapore and will focus on providing regulatory and compliance support to APAC management and business functions in relation to Schroders' ESG activities.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
What you'll do
- Keep abreast of ESG regulatory developments in Asia Pacific and disseminate the information on updates/amendments and impact on Schroders
- Advise on rules and regulations associated with ESG in Asia Pacific and assess its impact on Schroders' current and proposed business activities in Asia Pacific
- Report on ESG regulatory and compliance matters to the Board and Senior Management of Schroders Group
- Monitor Schroders' compliance with the relevant ESG legal and regulatory requirements as well as established internal policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with head office and other regional teams to help consolidate APAC ESG regulations with EU/UK ESG regulations
- Assess and provide feedback to the regulators and government agencies (where relevant) on ESG policies that may have an impact on Schroders Group.
- Manage and oversee regulatory inspections, internal and external audit review on ESG-related matters.
- Build and maintain good relationships with the relevant regulators, and act as the primary contact with regulators and relevant external bodies on ESG matters.
- Participate actively and take lead where appropriate, in industry associations or industry forums to articulate our views on ESG-related matters
- Work with the project management team to facilitate the delivery of regulatory projects and activities in relation to ESG requirements in Asia Pacific
- Support the Group ESG Programme and other change resources engaged in the ESG Regulatory programme
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Degree Holder with at least 5 years of working experience in ESG regulatory and compliance matters
- Experience and knowledge of regulations related to Asset Management.
- Evidence of multiple senior stakeholder management
- Strong collaborative skills and when appropriate influence across a broad, senior stakeholder base.
- Ability to deliver difficult messages where necessary and the ability to explain complex concepts in a clear and concise manner to stakeholders.
- Evidence of resolving challenging issues and contributing to end state solutions.
- Methodical and detail orientated.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Basic professional qualifications relating to the asset management industry.
- Specialist ESG / Sustainability experience or knowledge.
What you'll be like
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- Inspiring and collaborative team player
- Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Receptive to others' ideas and responds constructively to challenges
- Committed to exceeding expectations with your personal drive and quality performance.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.