As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients' needs. That's why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £731.6 billion (€871.3 billion/$990.9 billion) of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 5,500+ people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business that's managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients' needs at the heart of everything we do. For over two centuries and more than seven generations we've grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients' needs and interests.
*As at 31 December 2021 Team Overview
The Singapore Finance department is the regional finance hub for Schroder's Asia business. It is responsible for:
Overview of role
- Financial Control: Preparing annual accounts, reviewing the month end financial close, preparing tax and indirect tax returns, preparing regulatory returns, liaising with external advisors (auditor, tax consultants); managing cashflow and liquidity of the businesses;
- Finance Operations: accounts payable, accounts receivable, performing the month end financial close, balance sheet reconciliations; and
- Management Reporting: Providing monthly analysis of business performance, responding to ad-hoc analysis requests and preparing the annual budget.
This position will report to the Regional Financial Controller. The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Ensuring that the ledgers of the asset management entities under your care are well controlled from statutory and management perspective.
- Linking up with Group Financial Reporting team, Group Management Reporting team, Global Income and Costing teams and relevant regulatory bodies to achieve control over statutory and management reporting.
- Robust closing of statutory month-end financials; this involves analysis of transaction review reports provided by Group Income and Costing teams
- Timely submission of statutory month-end financials to Group Financial Reporting team
- Timely and accurate preparation of post month-end reporting. This includes internal group reporting, performance review, board papers and all regulatory reports
- Robust preparation of Blackline reconciliations
- Efficient audit process supervision to meet Group and statutory year-end deadlines
- Keep abreast of regulatory and tax updates; impact to the entities are promptly assessed
- For fully hubbed entities, he/she is responsible for preparation of indirect taxes submission and annual corporate tax computation.
- Finance business partnering responsibilities to specified regional stakeholders are fulfilled. This includes providing standard cost analysis and also attending to ad hoc queries on a prompt basis.
- Adequate control is obtained over the data integrity arising from finance operational processes (ie Account payables, Account receivables, cash management, prepayment module, fixed assets etc).
- This is currently achieved through review of revenue and cost analytics with London/Horsham/Lux teams. The financial accountant needs to constantly challenge the outputs by the transactional hubs and ensure that financial control comfort is obtained before month end submission.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Timely preparation of the management financial performance; this includes preparation of Assets under Management/Revenue/Margins analysis.
- Assist in budget process management and provide meaningful budget analysis for stakeholders
- Efficient cash liquidity management and ensuring that this is in line with Group Treasury policies
- Above includes conducting active cash flow forecasting for management of excess cash and also for assessing dividend repatriation to Group.
- Ability to work on multiple deliverables concurrently
- Be able to interact with internal and external stakeholders and able to understand cross cultural differences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have a genuine interest in, and curiosity about, our business
- Commitment and energy
- Good analytical skills
- Degree in Accountancy and / or Qualified accountant
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in financial control and/ or management reporting
- Strong Excel skills is a requirement
- Experience in use of a corporate accounting system (e.g. Oracle, SAP)
- External auditing experience is highly desirable
- Preferably with relevant industry experience (asset management or financial institutions)