Contractor, Corporate Services Executive
- Contract, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients’ needs. We are responsible for £418.2 billion (€476.3 billion/$543.3 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 4,100 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
As the Corporate Services Executive, you will be part of the Facilities department assisting the Corporate Services Manager in a number of functions that help deliver a supportive, efficient, safe and secure environment to operate in. This is achieved via a range of services – facilities management, procurement, operational support, vendor management and budgeting.
- Maintain a safe and efficient work environment for the organization through daily visual checks of the office premises and rectify issues, with relevant vendors promptly.
- Act as point of contact for building maintenance problems and contact the building management or building engineer or other vendors for repairs and maintenance needs.
- Provide basic troubleshooting on problem office equipment.
- Assist and/or coordinate any moves/relocation/restack activities
- Prepared to work at least one weekend per month to oversee the maintenance of aircon units and facilities equipment.
Procurement and Vendor Management
- Ensure contracts are renewed in timely manner
- Perform procurement process according to Procurement Policy
- Engage vendors for any restacking or corporate services tasks
- Engage vendors for any operational support and maintenance works.
- Standby support to the reception desk (ad hoc basis)
- Assist the Cognitive Science & Automation (“CSA”) department with operational work
- Assist with training rooms arrangements according to requestors’ needs
- Help to ensure the mail room function is operating well and urgent external delivery are promptly processed.
- Process non-IT invoices and ensures invoices are matched with Delivery Orders or quotations before payment.
- Assist with the management of vendors for non-IT commodities and services, including tracking of quotations and invoices
- Issuance / deletion Office Security Access Card in the system
- Liaise with Landlord relating to new card or deactivation of lost cards for the turnstiles at lobby.
Assist the Corporate Services Manager to manage and review the organisations emergency preparedness and business continuity. Ensure a safe and efficient facility(s) for employees to support compliance with local Health and Safety requirements.
- Continuously identify and drive cost savings opportunities and efficiencies.
- Work closely with Finance on items including but not limited to Accounts Payable.
- Seek opportunities to improve services while containing costs.
- Provide prompt and good services to internal customers.
- Participate in any cross-functional or other ad hoc projects delegated by the Management through Head of Department.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following requisites:
- Degree or Diploma graduate
- Have done 1-2 years of office support or facilities management role.
- Flexible to come in once a month to oversee maintainence work performed by the vendors eg carpet cleaning, aircon washing etc
- Proficient in both written and verbal English communication skills
- Take ownership in your work and independent
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.