Contractor, Compliance - Singapore / Hong Kong
Good compliance is good business, especially in an organisation which sets great store by its long term view and its reputation in the modern world of heightened regulatory and political pressure.
Our SG Compliance team is responsible for managing relationship with its financial regulators, advising colleagues on often complex regulatory requirements, monitoring compliance and helping Schroders' asset management entities in Singapore including Schroder Investment Management Singapore Ltd ("SIMSL") and Schroder Investment Management North America, SG Branch ("SIMNA SG Branch") to manage its regulatory and reputational risks.
We are looking for an experienced compliance expert to join us as a contractor and provide support to the Singapore Compliance team. This role can be based in either Singapore or Hong Kong depending on where you are residing. Key responsibilities include:
1. Keeping Abreast of Regulatory Changes, Provision of Compliance Advisory and Support to Business
- To ensure prompt and effective communication of regulatory requirements, licensing matters, upcoming regulatory changes including changes to regulatory investment restrictions, group and local compliance policies to SIMSL/ SIMNA SG Branch's Management, Business Heads and Staff.
- To support the evaluation of the potential commercial and/or operational impact resulting from specific regulatory changes or legislations which affects business compliance arrangements, procedures, processes and awareness.
- To support the implementation of regulatory changes.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments in Singapore, including gathering and providing feedback on public consultation papers to the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- Communications with regulators and assist in responding to the day-to-day requests from external and internal auditors on regulatory/ compliance matters.
- Maintain local compliance manuals which are in line with Group policies as well as international best practices and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Providing compliance advisory on regulatory related matters.
- Review client agreements from compliance's perspectives.
- Conduct in-house training for staff e.g. anti-money laundering, staff personal dealing, licensing, regulatory requirements etc.
2. Trade Surveillance and Monitoring
- Perform trade surveillance tasks and activities based on Compliance Monitoring Program
- Identify any irregularities or discrepancies as part of the trade surveillance process, including detecting potentially abusive trading activities, investigating potential cases and escalation
- Develop an understanding of the systems in use, expert knowledge of regulations by the MAS, regulatory changes and company's policies related to trade surveillance
3. Anti-Money Laundering
- Assist the MLRO as second line of defence against money laundering activities within SIMSL/ SIMNA SG Branch
- Advise the business and senior management on their responsibility to establish and maintain effective anti-money laundering systems and controls.
4. Working with the Business
- Work together with relevant functions on new business initiatives and projects, highlighting and addressing specific compliance and regulatory concerns.
- Carry out review of all RFPs / RFIs / marketing materials and completing requests/questionnaires from clients, regulators etc.
- Participate in client due diligence where necessary.
5. Management Reporting
- Support compliance reporting to senior management, headquarters etc.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- Degree graduate with at least 5 years of relevant working experience in an asset management or financial institution
- Good understanding of global and local regulations impacting asset management firms
- Experience in trade surveillance and usage of trade surveillance systems
- Knowledge of regulatory investment guidelines such as Code of CIS, CPFIG and UCITs
- Good understanding of financial products
- Confident individual who is an effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Enjoys analytical work and problem solving
- Able to work well independently and within a team, in a fast paced and dynamic environment
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.