- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Contract Lifecycle Management – Global Product Owner
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Contract Lifecycle Management – Global Product OwnerAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Senior Global Product Owner to drive the strategic direction, design and delivery of a new strategic Document & Contract Lifecycle Management platform across Commercial, Corporate & Institutional Banking (CCIB).
The programme is one of the key strategic transformation programmes within CCIB, designed to implement a state of the art platform and re-engineer processes to take advantage of latest technology. It is a key facilitator for enabling us to support our clients faster and more efficiently, seamlessly integrating with other core platforms to provide the basis to scale our business.
The new platform will replace a number of legacy document management platforms and support client segments, product areas and functions across Corporate and Institutional Banking and Commercial Banking, including; Legal, RM's, Product Sales, Credit, Compliance & Middle Office.
- Clearly define and communicate; project vision, scope, business case and goals to the team and stakeholders
- Work with key stakeholders, ITO and vendors to define, and then maintain the Product Roadmap
- Provide product guidance and design expertise to enable delivery of a new Document & Contract Lifecycle Management capability
- Support the RFP process to ensure the selection of the most suitable vendor product(s)
- Work with the chosen vendor to ensure SCB needs are adequately represented such that the vendor product strategy aligns to SCB's medium to long term needs
- Contribute into the e2e Business architecture by defining the capabilities required at each stage of the client lifecycle
- Establish strong relationships & communication channels across each of the stakeholder areas
- Undertake the key agile Product Owner responsibilities;
- Collate, create and maintain the product backlog
- Prioritise and sequence the requirements/ product backlog according to business value
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define the Minimal Viable Product (MVP)
- Define Epics and sign off user stories
- Accountable for putting in place product governance such that design and quality standards are maintained through the project lifecyle
- Input into the TOM definition and Business Process re-engineering across impacted areas in order to realise the benefits from the increased functionality
- Work with other system/ product owners to manage key dependencies with other strategic initiatives, programmes etc
- Experience of implementing, or working with, Document and Contract Lifecycle Management platforms would be highly desirable
- Corporate & Institutional Banking domain knowledge - ideally working knowledge of products and related contracts eg. master service agreements / ISDA's / CSA's
- A legal background or experience of implementing legal projects is preferred
- The ideal candidate would have experience across the full contract negotiation lifecycle, inclusive of pre and post trade
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills, horizontally across business lines and functions, and vertically from C-Suite to SME's
- A solid understanding of delivering projects using an agile methodology, ideally having worked as a Product Owner
- Experience of complex global transformation programmes, ideally within large Financial Institutions
- Experience of leading, or participating in RFP process
- Robust problem-solving skills with ability to think outside the box
- Experience in developing or contributing to business architecture definition