Consultant, Risk and Regulatory
Job Description: Role: Consultant, Risk and Regulatory
Base Location: Singapore About Cognizant
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at http://www.cognizant.com/ or follow us @Cognizant. The Cognizant Difference - Helping our Clients Win In Digital
At Cognizant Consulting, our consultants orchestrate the capabilities to truly change the game-across strategy, design, technology, and industry/functional knowledge. Our strategy is built around elevating business and industry understanding of the aspirations and unique abilities of our clients and by building these relationships based on trust and value. Role Responsibility:
As a Risk & Regulatory Associate you will be collaborating with business and IT stakeholders to integrate regulatory risk calculations across the Bank and also implement the new regulatory changes for the Bank's regulatory reporting. Primary Role:
Skills and Experience:
- Conduct Gap Analysis to identify the data and system dependency and requirements from an "As-is" state to a "To-be" state.
- Collaborate with business data owners/data stewards to understand their data, data requirements and business context for the regulatory reporting components.
- Interpret, define, map and document conceptual or logical data models based on the Banking Data Warehouse system to the Reporting Tool.
- Prepare Target Operating Model (TOM) for project and ensure that business owners are aware of roles and responsibilities in the processes.
- Discuss with business and IT stakeholders to implement an overall project timeline and ensure deadlines are adhered to, driving the project to a successful Go-Live.
- Interpret and support IT stakeholders on translation of the business requirements, the conceptual, logical or dimensional data model into the physical data model before, during and after IT development and System Integrated Testing (SIT) phase, ensuring consistency and quality of the new attributes coming from the data warehouse related to implementation of new regulation requirements.
- Conduct and support User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with business stakeholders, assisting to clarify with IT on user queries and raising defects when needed.
- Track status of UAT including test execution status and defects resolution status. Understand and provide solution to blockers if possible, and drive UAT phase to closure by targeted closure dates and successful testing results.
- Drive Project Working Group meetings to discuss project status, progress and open or pending issues.
- More than 2 years of experience as a Risk and Regulatory BA who has exposure and soft skills to handle Senior Management level Users and be comfortable in articulating complex issues/solutions to them, while being located at the client's office.
- Conceptually and analytically strong to make the right modeling choices.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to be able to align with various stakeholders. Excellent command of English to define business terms.
- Enthusiastic personality, bringing pleasure and connection with the Agile way of working in multidisciplinary teams. A team player with a positive mindset and a keen eye for detail, who is able to perform well independently and within a group amidst a dynamic and complex environment.
- Naturally collaborative person who is able to listen to others' suggestions, digest, and produce great ideas together with your team to achieve common goals.
- Have a passion for Regulatory Reporting, Risk Reporting and Basel calculation for International Banks and FI.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of core banking systems (e.g T24).
- Knowledge and experience with using Reporting Tools is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Cashflow Model is an added value.
- Knowledge of LIBOR and the transition to Risk free rates (RFR).
- Knowledge of derivatives and capital market products.
- Knowledge on Risk Modelling, Basel 3/4 is an added value.
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills (V-Lookup, Pivot Table).
- Basic Microsoft PowerPoint skills (Tables, Graphs, Charts).