Consultant, Financial Reporting
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America's best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email us at APAC_Talent_Acquisition_Communications@ntrs.com Scope of work:
Focus on resolution of complex core custody accounting and financial transactions, where investment accounting knowledge is required to interpret policies, guidelines and/or processes. Full ownership for one or more processes, reports and/or procedures. Analytically and procedurally competent, representing the team on accounting or project deliverables. Emerging as an expert in a client valuation reporting. May be in final stages of studying for relevant professional qualification or accreditation. Manage and consult daily operational activities, serve as a liaison to related areas, and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees or other location's output (but not a formal management role). Involve in consultative, problem solving, client engagement/onboarding projects. Demonstrate excellent analytical, consultative, communication, and judgment skills. Duties:
- Focus on resolution of complex investment accounting transactions, where expertise is required to interpret policies, guidelines and/or processes.
- Ensures that team/division's goal for accuracy and timeliness is maintained.
- Analytically and procedurally competent, representing the team on client valuation reporting and projects deliverables
- Escalates relevant and critical issues to management and all pertinent partners/clients in a timely and efficient manner.
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor other junior level employees.
- More technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas.
- May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role).
- Knowledge of financial industry operations and accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of investment accounting and financial instruments, specifically related to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), usually obtained through related course work or prior related experience is required to review reports for exceptions. Chartered Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, or similar professional qualification is a plus.
- Analytical skills are required to research and resolve inquiries.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Global (Asia Pacific) market practice knowledge is mandatory.
- Knowledge of Northern Trust's core custody operations, system applications is required.
- Minimum 4 years related work experience in financial industry operations environment or through advanced degree.
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) knowledge is required.
- Strong understanding of Singapore Financial Reporting Standards is preferred.
- Client communication, presentation, and consulting experience is preferred.