- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Northern Trust Company
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
Who we are
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise, and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
What we do
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
What you will do
Singapore Compliance forms part of Global Compliance and Corporate Risk function and is entrusted with providing regulatory advice and assurance to senior management, boards, relevant committees, regulators and clients and ensuring Northern Trust meets its regulatory obligations at all times.
As part of the Singapore and Asia Pacific compliance team, this role is in the second line of defence and will assist in the implementation of the Northern Trust Compliance model. The Compliance function is responsible for ongoing oversight and reporting regarding regulatory obligations to senior compliance and business management.
This role supports the Singapore businesses in relation to all aspects of the compliance programme including understanding and interpreting regulatory requirements, regulatory engagement, and financial crime matters. This role requires monitoring, testing, assurance, policy drafting, training and other duties as assigned.
This role will report to the Senior Compliance Consultant
- Evaluates regulatory requirements and expectations against existing processes and control to identify potential gaps, recommending procedural changes if necessary.
- Evaluates regulatory changes and assists with implementation where required
- Advises on Compliance programs and applicable laws, regulations, rules and standards, including keeping them informed of developments or changes that may affect their area. Prefer knowledge Custody, Asset Servicing, FX, Fund Administration businesses as well as corporate governance such as outsourcing, data privacy and bank secrecy requirements. AML experience is a plus.
- Provides input and advice to business and management partners regarding regulatory requirements and market best practice
- Implements and embeds the global and regional Compliance Program, including monitoring, testing, and assurance frameworks and executing against action plans
- Works in partnership with the wider Compliance, Risk and Controls teams
- Drafts policies and procedures for Singapore business, including for internal Compliance use
- Develops and conducts training as required
- Produce and analyze Compliance reports and data for internal committees and boards
- Identifies, documents and escalates potential regulatory risks
- Works on projects and increases understanding of project management
- Fluent in English and ability to communicate in a clear, concise and effective manner (verbal and written)
- Understanding of MAS regulations and relevant Singapore law
- Experience of providing compliance advisory and operational support
- Experience in regulatory exams and audit management would be beneficial
- Strong organisational skills, a collaborative approach to work, with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to use initiative and work unsupervised in a proactive manner
- 3-5 years of related experience
As of December 31, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $139 billion in banking assets
- $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
- $10.7 trillion in assets under custody / administration
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
Northern Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for excellence in our efforts to recruit, develop and deploy the highest caliber workforce. Our commitment and success to a diverse workforce is evident in employee satisfaction and industry acknowledgment. For a list of all our achievements please click here .
The closing date to apply for this role is 23 RD April 2018 and we will be in touch with an update within two weeks.
For a private discussion please contact Gez Williams on +61 3 9935 8204.