Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description The Opportunity
The incumbent will be responsible for the case management of pre/post sale service transactions. The Case Manager supports Operations to ensure a smooth, timely, and positive service experience for the Financial representatives and clients for new submissions and existing policies. What motivates you?
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
Nice to Haves:
- Diploma/Degree from any recognized institution/university
- Minimum 5 years working experience; with around 3 years insurance industry experience
- Highly service-oriented, organized, and able to multi-task
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Flexible and able to adapt in a fast-paced and changing environment
On the job you will... 1. End-to-End Case Management
- Understanding of financial services and the needs of sales professionals is an advantage
- Candidates with front facing experience is an added advantage
- The Case Manager is responsible for overseeing the end-to-end service aspects throughout the case lifecycle (pre- and post-sale)
- The Case Manager will mainly liaise with the Financial Representatives, Business Development Managers, New Business & Underwriting and Legal & Compliance teams to assist with understanding and gathering of required financial and medical documents, underwriting requirements and other necessary documents, especially critical for policy issuance. Responsible for ongoing and proactive status updates.
- For HNW Business
- Regular case discussion with Financial Representatives to provide clarity on underwriting requirements and decisions
- Be the first line of review for appeals and provide appropriate advice to our partners
- Provide close follow-up for cases that required Legal & Compliance teams review
- The Case Manager will mainly liaise with the Distribution Partners, Policy Services, Product & Pricing teams, Client Services and Claims teams on inforce policy requests, including policy changes, inforce illustrations, claims and other post-sales related transactions. Provides clear information on the necessary requirements to allow for one-touch resolution. Responsible for ongoing and proactive status updates.
- For HNW Business:
- - Facilitate the overall processes for post sales transaction
- - Coordinate with internal stakeholders to provide accurate and timely information
3. Other responsibilities
- Consistently and accurately track incoming requests from internal and external stakeholders and ensure that the requests are answered promptly
- For Retail Business:
- - To record all incoming and outgoing enquiries in the designated platform to provide one-view of the customer records for all internal stakeholders
- For HNW Business:
- - To record all ad-hoc requests for end to end handling
- Maintain daily/weekly/ monthly reports, as required, for the tracking of outstanding issues, submissions, withdrawals, feedback and overall adherence to Service Level Agreement; where management's expectations are not met, highlight their root causes, where appropriate
- For HNW Business:
- - To Prepare monthly pipeline cases for reporting purpose and focus list for New Business & Underwriting team that are critical for policy issuance.
- Record all ad-hoc requests for end to end handling
- Participate in regular team huddles and provide important updates (where applicable)
Our commitment to you
- Perform screening of submitted documents before they are registered via AWD for processing
- For Retail Business:
- - Checking for completeness includes submitted documents that are presented at the Advisor Centre
- Ensure proper filing and archival of all the documents received by the team
- Handle appeals and garner responses from the New Business, Underwriting & Policy Servicing team; ensure documents received are processed promptly
- Attend to queries relating to third party services and any other matters relating to policy issuance of servicing
- Conduct enhanced due diligence checks, AML verifications prior to policy issuance and ensure contracts are issued upon receipt of premiums and required original documents
- Follow up on outstanding requirements and any form of appeals pertaining to Operations matters
- Review work process improvement to enhance effectiveness and efficiency
- Assist in onboarding of new banks
- Conduct Operations related trainings to Internal stakeholders, Financial Representatives and Partners
- Any tasks delegated from time to time
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About John Hancock and Manulife
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com . Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .