With increasing growth and international expansion of OKCoin to Singapore, we are looking for an experienced Compliance Officer to implement AML/ATF/Sanctions Policies and Procedures and other local and international regulatory duties in Singapore. You will report directly to the Board of Directors and indirectly to the head of the Singapore office. You will be responsible in building a culture of compliance and ensuring that the company fulfills its regulatory obligations. The position is based in Singapore.
What the day to day looks like:
- Working with the head of the Singapore office to establish an overall vision for OKCoin Singapore’s compliance program;
- Implement a tailored, compliant AML/ATF/Sanctions Policy and Procedures that leverages the strong practices of other offices such as San Francisco, Beijing, Hong Kong and Manila;
- Serve as the point of contact for and liaising with local regulatory bodies such as MSA (Monetary Authority of Singapore);
- Apply and obtain necessary licenses and registrations;
- Create and submit Suspicious Activity Reports in accordance with regulatory and compliance policies;
- Regularly review and update AML/ATF/Sanctions Policy and Procedures;
- Report periodically to the Board, including the status of the compliance program;
- Train company staff on compliance program and fraud prevention measures;
- Represent OKCoin at compliance, risk and regulatory conferences and forums.
Ideal candidate must have:
- A least 3-7 years MAS compliance related experience in Singapore;
- Familiarity with crypto exchanges and/or cryptocurrencies;
- Strong experience communicating with MAS in terms of licensing and regulatory expectations;
- Confident, transparent, open communication style to enable coordination with peer and industry;
- Highly self-motivated with strong sense of maturity;
- Detailed oriented as application process and compliance program implementation requires much coordination and tracking.