Compliance Testing - Assistant Manager
- Apr 26, 2021
- S$5-9k pm
My client, a prestigious and well-known international bank is hiring for compliance testing experts for its Central Compliance team.
Assistant Manager, Monitoring & Testing Compliance
Morgan Mckinley is working in partnership with a leading international bank for a Testing focused position to support the APAC Global Markets division. The incumbent will be ensuring all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The primary responsibility of this position is to support compliance testing for APAC operations. The APAC Compliance Testing Program covers regional and extra-territorial regulations applicable to all of broker-dealer, banking, swap dealer, futures commission merchant, investment management activities, corporate functions, cross-border testing engagements and other financial services activities. Members of the testing team may be assigned to conduct testing with respect to these business activities.
- Scope and execute compliance testing in order to assess compliance with legal, regulatory and internal firm policy requirements.
- Focus on the applicable regulatory requirements to ensure testing is adequately designed to identify potential control gaps and non-compliance with laws and regulations.
- Escalate potential issues and exception items noted during the review process to senior management.
- Ensure that the stakeholders respond with appropriate action to address all draft recommendations and deficiencies noted during the fieldwork process.
- Perform required administrative responsibilities in support of testing, including but not limited to:
- Preparing and entering all issues and observations into central repository
- Prepare and distribute testing reports to senior management detailing review findings and recommendations.
- Prepare Workpapers documenting testing
- Provide assistance with the Team's collective issues management and validation testing efforts.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
The Successful Applicant
As a successful applicant, you would have the following skills & qualifications:
- 3- 5 years of compliance, audit or regulatory exam support involve testing or audit.
- Experience/background in compliance applicable to broker-dealer internal inspections, institutional trading & sales, investment banking, futures commission merchant, swap dealer activities, commercial banking, investment management, and corporate functions within investment or commercial bank or institutional broker-dealer is preferred.
- Familiarity with applicable MAS and HKMA banking rules applicable to international banks conducting institutional trading & sales, investment banking, investment management, and commercial banking in APAC.
- Strong analytical and investigative skills.
- Solid ability to quickly review, assimilate, prioritize, and escalate issues to appropriate stakeholders.
- Solid ability to manage multiple compliance reviews and projects at the same time and meet timely deadlines.
- Outstanding written and spoken communication abilities.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Highly organized and capable of dealing with complex projects.
If you're interested in this role, please send your updated CV (word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion
Referrals are greatly appreciated.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
EA Licence No: 11C5502
Registration No: R1770166
Registration Name: Suhani Malhotra
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as a notification that you have not been shortlisted.