Compliance Specialist (12 months contract)
- Oct 07, 2021
My client, a well reputed local bank is looking for a Compliance specialist to support on review and strengthening of AML policies.
Compliance Specialist (12 Months contract - extendable/convertible)
Morgan Mckinley is working in partnership with a leading local bank to support their private banking AML Policy, Strategy & Governance team. As a key member of the AML Compliance policy team, he/she will be in-charge of the review of AML/CFT policies and procedures, monitoring of regulatory developments and conducting training programmes to uplift the bank's AML/CFT controls effectiveness.
- Strengthen AML/CFT policies and procedures and implement effective controls measures together with relevant internal stakeholders to comply with regulatory requirements relevant to the business and operating environment.
- Review policies and procedures regularly, taking into consideration emerging risks and new money laundering/terrorism financing (ML/TF) typologies observed.
- Actively monitor regulatory developments in Singapore and other jurisdictions in which the Bank operates in; and keep abreast of regulatory expectations and industry best practices.
- Perform impact and gap analysis in a timely manner before proposing sound recommendations and action plans to address the self-identified gaps.
- Prepare training materials and deliver effective training on revised policies and procedures and case studies/typologies (including lessons learnt from other financial institutions' AML/CFT controls failures).
- Contribute to ongoing efforts to enhance reporting of ML/TF/sanctions risks and AML/CFT controls effectiveness to Board and Senior Management.
The Successful Applicant
As a successful applicant, you would have the following skills & qualifications:
- Degree with minimum 3 years of direct and broad-based compliance experience in the field of AML/CFT and sanctions.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements on AML/CFT and sanctions.
- Strong understanding and active awareness of regulatory expectations in Singapore, international developments, emerging risks/typologies and global trends in relation AMLCFT and Sanctions.
Referrals are greatly appreciated.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
EA Licence No: 11C5502
Registration No: R1770166
Registration Name: Suhani Malhotra
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as a notification that you have not been shortlisted.