Compliance Specialist - Transaction Investigation Unit (Associate/ Senior Associate)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today! Responsibilities
- Conduct investigations into suspicious transactions and/or activities and ensure timely review and completion of alerts escalated by the Client Monitoring Team.
- Investigate and review escalations from Business Units that poses potential AML/CFT risks.
- Identify possible red flags in the course of transaction investigations and recommend filing of STRs where applicable.
- Prepare and submit suspicious transaction reports to local authorities.
- Communicate effectively with relevant stakeholders (e.g. Front Office) for the purpose of conducting AML investigations.
- Perform Post STR transaction reviews and Post Mortem reviews where necessary
- Provide compliance advisory on AML/CFT matters including sanctions requirements, unblocking of accounts under close monitoring etc.
- Assist in preparation and timely submission of management reports with respect to areas concerning Transaction Investigation Unit.
- Contribute and maintain KRI (Key Risk Indicators) for Transaction Investigation Unit.
- Assist in the Compliance risk assessment of BOS AML/CFT processes.
- Contribute, update and implement AML/CFT related policy and procedures concerning AML Monitoring where necessary
- Assist in performing ad-hoc activities in the area of AML/CFT investigations where necessary.
- Coordinate and conduct trainings to relevant stakeholders (including Front Office) in relation to AML transactions monitoring.
- 5 years of experience in AML/CFT Compliance, with at least 2 years of experience in the area of AML transactions monitoring or investigations.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail, including planning and organization.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and work efficiently in a team setting.
- Good written skills for the purpose of detailing findings in investigation reports.
- Candidate must be able to manage workloads and deadlines effectively.
- Candidates with professional qualifications relating to AML/CFT (e.g. ICA/CAMS) will have an added advantage.