A dynamic Compliance Team comprising of 8 team members, and we are looking for a Compliance Specialist to join the team! Seeking candidates with asset management / funds exposure!
Overview of role
Good compliance is good business, especially in an organisation which sets great store by its long term view and its reputation in the modern world of heightened regulatory and political pressure. This is a Singapore-based compliance role which is responsible for managing relationship with its financial regulators, advising colleagues on often complex regulatory requirements, monitoring compliance and helping Schroders’ asset management entities in Singapore including Schroder Investment Management Singapore Ltd (“SIMSL”) and Schroder Investment Management North America, SG Branch (“SIMNA SG Branch”) to manage its regulatory and reputational risks.
- Keeping Abreast of Regulatory Changes, Provision of Compliance Advisory and Support to Business
- To ensure prompt and effective communication of regulatory requirements, licensing matters, upcoming regulatory changes including changes to regulatory investment restrictions, group and local compliance policies to SIMSL/ SIMNA SG Branch’s Management, Business Heads and Staff.
- To support the evaluation of the potential commercial and/or operational impact resulting from specific regulatory changes or legislations which affects business compliance arrangements, procedures, processes and awareness.
- To support the implementation of regulatory changes.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments in Singapore, including gathering and providing feedback on public consultation papers to the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- Assist in communications with regulators and responding to the day-to-day requests from external and internal auditors on regulatory/ compliance matters.
- Maintain local compliance manuals which are in line with Group policies as well as international best practices and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Providing compliance advisory on fund/product related matters.
- Review client agreements from compliance’s perspectives.
- Conduct in-house training for staff e.g. anti-money laundering, staff personal dealing, licensing, regulatory requirements etc.
- Planning and Execution of Compliance Monitoring Program
- Ensure that the Compliance Monitoring Program is in line with the Group Assurance Risk Assessment Program and program is carried out timely and effectively, addressing the key risks identified.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Compliance Monitoring Program and prepare reports to management/ stakeholders regarding the recommendations made from the review findings.
- Anti-Money Laundering
- To assist the MLRO as second line of defence against money laundering activity within SIMSL/ SIMNA SG Branch
- Advise the business and senior management on their responsibility to establish and maintain effective anti-money laundering systems and controls.
- Substantial Shareholding Disclosure
- Conduct monitoring and reporting of substantial shareholding disclosure.
- Cross Border Activities
- Provide advisory on cross border activities to business for South East Asia countries.
- Working with the Business
- Work together with relevant functions on new business initiatives and projects, highlighting and addressing specific compliance and regulatory concerns.
- Carry out review of all RFPs / RFIs / marketing materials and completing requests/questionnaires from clients, regulators etc.
- Participate in client due diligence where necessary.
- Management Reporting
- Support compliance reporting to senior management, headquarters etc.
- Degree Holder preferably in Business/ Accountancy
- Candidate should have at least 3-5 years of relevant working experience in asset management set-up
- Good understanding of global and local regulations impacting asset management firms
- Candidate with knowledge of retail products related regulations
- Confident individual who is an effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical with strong problem solving skillset
- Able to work well independently and within a team, in a fast paced and dynamic environment