This role will be focus on the development and execution of the Financial Crime Compliance Program across the Investment Bank division of Credit Suisse, especially around the area of new client approvals and ensure that the program meets internal and applicable local legal or regulatory requirements and standards. The individual would be part of a wider Financial Crime Compliance team and will be required to provide regional support to the various country MLROs in ensuring that Global and Regional FCC standards are appropriately implemented.
1. Advisory and Regional Support a. Provide Compliance advice to the IB business and supporting functions on client identification matters pertaining to new rules, regulations and initiatives including the necessary impact assessments
b. Provide regional advisory support to the respective Country MLROs and ensure applicable global and regional standards are appropriately implemented locally
c. Ensure any emerging trends or relevant control issues from the country is escalated to Regional FCC Management
2. Client Identification a. Provide Compliance approvals for all Client Identification matters, including ensuring all account approval satisfied the required standards
3. Regulatory Developments, Policies and Procedures a. To keep abreast of the regulatory developments and to provide advisory support to the respective location MLROs
b. To update the relevant policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the new regulatory requirements You Offer
- You possess strong understanding of AML/CFT regulations and requirements in Asia-Pacific countries, notably Singapore, Hong Kong and international AML standards (FATF, Wolfsberg).
- You are dedicated and are a self-starter, with a positive can-do attitude
- Strong analytical ability with the ability to think out of the box
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with key internal clients including business, client onboarding, operations and other general counsel colleagues etc;
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in dealing with the regulators and auditors would be preferable
- VBA or Excel macro knowledge would also be preferable