Background: Our client is one of the largest brokerage group, a premier securities firm with multi billions in equity capital, financing and management, consist of subsidiaries operating on most major stock, option, futures, forex, bond, ETF and CFD exchanges worldwide.
- Acting as the firm’s point of contact with the MAS, exchanges and other regulatory bodies;
- Advising the business on regulatory matters relating to business development projects;
- Researching, interpreting and advising the firm regarding compliance with laws, regulations and guidance applicable to brokers in the region;
- Designing procedures for complying with MAS and exchange requirements for all regulated activities.
- Drafting and implementing firm policies and written supervisory procedures;
- Management of regulatory inspections and audits (both internal and external), and developing/implementing the relevant remedial action plans to address any findings;
- Crafting written instructions for programmers and technology staff in light of new regulations or to launch new business lines;
- Gather information and prepare written responses to enquiries from MAS, exchanges and other regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies.
- Must be a self-starter with strong analytical skills and able the ability to work at a fast pace;
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work independently in a dynamic and fast-pace working environment;
- The ability to manage a team and take ownership of projects and tasks with minimal supervision.
- The ability to understand business requirement in order to work with the business to provide regulatory support on business development needs;
- Proven experience and track record at a financial services regulatory agency, exchange or licensed financial services firm;
- Familiarity with the regulatory process, rules and codes of Singapore, knowledge of other APAC jurisdiction is a plus;
- A “can do” attitude with a willingness to learn;
- Strong technical orientation and be comfortable with computers and technology as applied to trading, surveillance and compliance;
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is essential, Chinese skills will be beneficial.