Recruitment Business Partner
Bovill is an independent, specialist financial services regulatory consultancy with a global offering. We specialise in helping clients solve difficult and interesting problems, so we look for people who thrive on intellectual challenge, can roll up their sleeves to delve into issues and get satisfaction from helping clients, conduct a thorough analysis of a problem and translate that into practical advice. Our people have an entrepreneurial mind-set and ‘can do’ attitude with an appetite to keep on learning.
We are looking for a Consultant to join our thriving Singapore Practice to deliver high quality, specialist advice to our Asset Management / Funds clients in Singapore and overseas. The successful candidate will also participate in marketing and business development to ensure that the team maintains a sufficient pipeline of client work, as well as assist with technical research and producing technical materials.
The Singapore Practice gives specialist advice on regulatory requirements to Bovill’s clients. It supports clients through the entire regulatory cycle – obtaining the appropriate licence, putting in place fit-for-purpose, commercially-minded Compliance Frameworks, meeting the expectations of the MAS (and potentially other Regulators) on an ongoing basis, delivering internal audits, and implementing regulatory change projects.
The successful candidate will provide support primarily to our clients that are Fund Management Companies.
Our Consultants are integral in the development and growth of Bovill to maximise our presence within the industry through securing new clients and business opportunities.
Successful candidates will be providing advice and support to clients on a wide range of regulatory compliance matters. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Liaising with the MAS on behalf of / regarding the client
- Delivering training sessions and workshops for compliance staff and senior management
- Drafting compliance policies and procedures
- Conducting client interviews
- Assisting with regulatory matters including licencing applications, and compiling and submitting regulatory returns and filings
- Preparing comprehensive reports
- Act as the main point of contact for a portfolio of clients
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with clients, trade bodies and the MAS
- Represent the firm at industry events, promoting the Bovill brand
Successful applicants will have:
- Recent in-house compliance experience of at least 5 years in an FMC, another professional services company, and / or at the MAS is crucial
- Demonstrate deep understanding of both the business issues in the Asset Management sector across a range of asset classes, as well as the key regulatory challenges faced
- A strong technical understanding of the relevant aspects of the MAS rules and regulations applying to FMCs, and of the regulatory pipeline is critical.
- Knowledge of wider regional or global requirements would be advantageous
- Proven track record of exceeding financial goals and sales targets; consulting experience would be advantageous
- Experience translating regulatory rules and guidance into meaningful, fit-for-purpose and pragmatic solutions for clients
- A degree, ideally in a relevant subject
- Relevant, Diploma level professional qualification (investment or compliance-related), or willing to study towards
- Commercial acumen, with the ability to spot new opportunities and develop them
- The ability to speak Mandarin would be desirable.
Bovill Singapore is a key part of our global strategy. However, the office is small and therefore needs to leverage the resources of Bovill Hong Kong and the other global offices (London and New York). An ability to foster good working relationships with global colleagues is therefore critical.
You will also have responsibility for building the pipeline by generating new leads and leveraging existing relationships to maximise opportunities for up/cross-selling. Therefore, prior experience in consulting or business development is essential.
Given the technical nature of the work we do, exceptional written and oral communication skills, and high attention-to-detail are paramount.
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial, fast moving, stimulating environment
- Strong career development support – mentoring, coaching, relevant training and development
- The opportunity to work closely with, and learn from, our global team of regulatory experts who are truly committed to assisting your development
- A small informal company environment with minimal bureaucracy
- A competitive salary, performance-related discretionary bonus and generous benefits package
We welcome your application, to include your current CV.