Recruitment Business Partner
Bovill is an independent, specialist financial services regulatory consultancy with a global offering. We specialise in helping clients solve difficult and interesting problems, so we look for people who thrive on intellectual challenge, can roll up their sleeves to delve into issues and get satisfaction from helping clients, conduct a thorough analysis of a problem and translate that into practical advice. Our people have an entrepreneurial mind-set and ‘can do’ attitude with an appetite to keep on learning.
We are looking for an experienced compliance professional to join our thriving practice in Singapore to deliver high quality, specialist regulatory advice to our Capital Markets clients.
The Singapore Practice gives specialist advice on regulatory requirements to its clients. It supports clients through the entire regulatory cycle – obtaining the appropriate MAS license, putting in place (and keeping updated) fit-for-purpose, commercially-minded Compliance Frameworks, meeting MAS expectations on an ongoing basis, and implementing regulatory change projects.
The successful candidate will provide support to Broker-Dealers, Approved Exchanges, Regulated Market Operators, specialist Brokers and other Capital Markets players.
Our Consultants are integral in the development and growth of Bovill to maximise our presence within the industry through securing new clients and business opportunities.
Successful applicants will have:
- Recent in-house compliance experience in a trading venue, Investment Bank or broker-dealer, or relevant experience in another professional services company
- A deep understanding of the business issues in the Capital Markets and commodities sectors across a range of asset classes and the key regulatory challenges faced
- Knowledge and experience of the SFA and subsidiary regulations that apply to Capital Markets clients, as well as of the regulatory pipeline
- Knowledge of EMIR, MiFID II, and MAR would be advantageous
- Proven track record of exceeding financial goals and sales targets; consulting experience would be advantageous
- Experience translating regulatory rules and guidance into meaningful, fit-for-purpose and pragmatic solutions for clients
- Experience managing client relationships
- A willingness to actively partner with our global Capital Markets Practice to support and deliver on shared projects and responsibilities
- A degree, ideally in a relevant subject
- Relevant, Diploma level professional qualification (investment or compliance-related), or willing to study towards
- The ability to speak Mandarin would be desirable.
Successful candidates will be providing advice and support to clients on a wide range of regulatory compliance matters. This may include, but is not limited to:
- conducting regulatory reviews
- delivering training sessions and workshops for compliance staff and senior management
- drafting compliance policies and procedures
- responding to ad-hoc and routine regulatory queries
- responding to queries, managing client expectations and delegating work, where necessary
- reviewing the work of colleagues and providing constructive feedback
You will also have responsibility for building the pipeline by generating new leads and leveraging existing relationships to maximise opportunities for up/cross-selling. Therefore, prior experience in consulting or business development is essential.
Given the technical nature of the work we do, exceptional written and oral communication skills, and high attention-to-detail are paramount.
Please apply by sending your current CV to email@example.com stating the vacancy title in your email header. For more information go to www.Bovill.com/careers