Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
Being part of APAC Compliance, the role covers compliance support responsibilities of all 6 APAC Representative offices across 6 countries, which mainly includes:-
- Guidance on compliance (regulatory and internal) and governance matters/ related information/ policies/ updates/ queries from time to time to rep offices;
- Representing and updating on APAC Compliance at Chief Reps governance meetings;
- Coverage in APAC Compliance Program responsibilities including guidance to rep offices in the areas of regulatory liaison; regulatory meetings; regulatory examinations, regulatory updates including change of management from the Head Office in the U.S. where applicable;
- Advising on permissible activities, cross- sell/ marketing guidelines applicable to rep offices;
- Review of regulatory communications; applications; returns; and preparing responses/ follow ups with local regulators of rep offices;
- Supporting in the interpretation of regulatory updates/ changes to assess impact on rep offices and advising on action steps to be taken to ensure compliance;
- Review of Marketing material/ Travel monitoring requests concerning rep office locations;
- Undertaking and keeping up to date SHRP compliance risk assessments of the APAC rep offices under APAC Region;
- Working closely with the APAC Compliance Office on rep office matters related to management reporting, policy and procedures revision, major requirements review and update, SHRP proponent roles for new and existing MRs;
- Day to day compliance support for the rep offices including AML;
- Assist Singapore Compliance as and when required in its discharge of team responsibilities.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Minimum 8 years' working experience in a banking or financial services business
- Familiarity with working in a compliance or legal environment within a bank
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to quickly learn business processes, including Risk management/Compliance policies and procedures.
- High degree of initiative and strong ability to meet key responsibilities with limited direction and oversight.
- Strong relationship building, and collaboration skills; proven experience working directly with senior bank management, auditors and/or regulators.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with senior management and staff at all levels.
- The ability to work unsupervised, participate in regional calls in non-office hours and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously.
- Reliability, conscientiousness and ability to produce work of a high quality.
- Timely escalation of issues is expected
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.