My client, a global bank, seeking for a compliance advsior to support Head, Regulatory Compliance in ensuring functional units are operating within prevailing laws, regulations and Group procedures
- Responsible for ensuring the Bank is properly prepared for Regulatory inspections
- Supporting Head, Regulatory Compliance, develop and maintain excellent relationships with regulatory bodies through the execution of a structured regulatory relationship plan.
- Regulatory and Product Risk Management
- Understanding of compliance risk management techniques and mitigation strategies
- Product knowledge - knowledge of business areas and products and the relevant regulatory
- Provides stakeholders with the advice to ensure that the Bank and its subsidiaries operate in accordance with relevant local requirements and standards of the regulatory system, Group standards.
- Ensures product level compliance with laws and regulations and Group policies through a detailed understanding of local regulatory requirements and close coordination with Country Business Compliance Advisers and Group product specialists.
- Sets and maintains standards of compliance risk management through an effective process of risk identification, assessment and mitigation.
- Stakeholder Management - manage relationship with relevant government and regulatory stakeholders, to understand their concerns and influence them.
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to ensure that the Country Compliance function’s objectives and priorities are aligned with business direction and that compliance risks are considered throughout the product
- Governance Structure – Detailed knowledge of local compliance risk reporting and governance/ management structures, and the regulatory obligations of country management
- At least 10 years of experience in compilance and is comfortable with project work
- Senior stakeholder management would be an advantage
- Self-driven and independent
- Experience in SME for Regulatory compliance and advising the project teams and business would be an advantage
- Assist with gap analysis, identify problems and putting process into place, get the documents to the regulators from regulatory compliance perspective
Company Reg No. :201131609D
EA Licence No. :11C4684
EA Reg No: R1980894