Commodity Trade Finance, Sales- SVP
Job Description - Commodity Trade Finance (CTF) Sales , Asia
Citi, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com. JOB BACKGROUND / BUSINESS CONTEXT
This role is based at Singapore and is responsible for originating, structuring and executing structured Commodity Trade Finance (CTF) transactions, as well as for growing traditional flow trade transactions with Citi's clients primarily in the energy, metals and agri-commodities space across Asia. CTF is one of the fastest growing verticals within Citi's Global Trade business. DESCRIPTION / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Origination of structured CTF products (pre-payment / pre-export financing, borrowing base financing, transactionally secured financing etc.) for the Asia region.
- End-to-end structuring and execution of structured transactions working closely with key stakeholders i.e. clients, product, risk, legal, compliance, operations etc.
- Growing the volume of traditional "flow" trade transactions (LC issuance / confirmation / discounting, Receivable financing, etc.) with an identified list of commodities clients.
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities for expanding the CTF client base.
- Working closely with Coverage and Risk teams as the subject matter expert for commodities trade financing.
- Working closely with Operations partners to ensure robust execution of flow trade transactions.
- Goals for Revenues, Assets and business volumes
Skills / Competencies:
- The individual will have in-depth knowledge of both structured CTF products as well as traditional flow trade products for commodities clients.
- 5 -7 years prior experience in dealing with commodities clients, and in originating, structuring and executing structured CTF transactions, preferably in Asia.
- Seasoned and mature individual with ability to interface and engage internal and external constituents including clients, legal, risk and other relevant stakeholders.
- Successful track record of partnering across boundaries - businesses, products, functions and geographies
- Strong knowledge of the Citi network and capabilities, with a good understanding of Citi risk and trade policies preferred.
- Strong analytical, product, risk assessment and credit skills
- Ability to work independently and activate the network (product, sales, coverage) and work with partners (risk, compliance, legal, etc.) are critical.
- The individual will work on multiple deals across time zones and manage to tight client deadlines.
- Self-starter with ability to independently lead deal execution and manage the transaction approval process.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; strong presentation skills and good competence in Microsoft Office;
- Ability to lead strategic initiatives across the region and different stakeholders; ability to develop creative and innovative solutions; ability to build relationships and coordinate diverse groups to deliver for the client.
Job Family Group:
- Post-graduate qualifications
Product Management and Development Job Family:
Market Segments and Services Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting