Commodity Agency Sales - Corporate and Investment Banking Singapore
• Marketing and developing Commodities Agency business to existing and prospective clients in Asia, with focus on onshore/offshore China clients.
• Solid understanding of commodities client/market landscape in Asia; ability to identify commercial opportunities and develop new business/relationship.
• Technical and operational knowledge of financial & commodities derivatives market; understanding of SG Platform (product capabilities, SG organization, etc).
• Mastery of the complete work flow process in your product/client parameters (on-boarding, credit/risk monitoring, execution, operations, etc)
• Knowledge in all aspects of risk control functions, desk mandates, bank's operations procedures - including all validations and escalations.
• Understanding of all the relevant compliance/legal/regulatory policies & procedures and SG's Sales and Trading Handbook.
• Manage/troubleshoot on all aspects of products/transactions supports (Risk, Legal, Operation, Client Service, etc) with the relevant internal support functions.
• Perform all aspects of risk controls, operational duties that are assigned to individual; complete all the mandatory trainings on-time.
• Comply with all the bank's procedures, policies, rules; and all the relevant governments and industry regulations and laws.
• Responsible for contributing team's 2020 NBI target Profile Required ACADEMIC BACKGROUND AND CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum Bachelor's degree, Finance or Engineering major is preferred
• Relevant 5~8 yrs of working experience in commodities industry
• Organized and fast worker who can work under pressure. Team player and able to multi-task
• Self starter who is able to work independently Business Insight
Societe Generale* is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Societe Generale has been playing a vital role in the economy for 150 years. With more than 145,000 employees, based in 66 countries, we serve on a daily basis 31 million clients throughout the world. Societe Generale's teams offer advice and services to individual, corporate and institutional customers in three core businesses:
• Retail banking in France with the Societe Generale branch network, Credit du Nord and Boursorama, offering a comprehensive range of multi-channel financial services at the leading edge of digital innovation;
• International retail banking, insurance and financial services to corporates with a presence in developing economies and leading specialised businesses;
• Corporate and investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities services, with recognised expertise, top international rankings and integrated solutions. Societe Generale in Asia Pacific
Societe Generale's first presence in Asia dates back from the 19th century. Today, we have offices in 12 locations across Asia Pacific.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong - a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group - we employ close to 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, specialised financial services, trade finance and cash management services.
For more information, follow us on LinkedIn @Société Générale or visit our website www.societegenerale.asia.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 19000YPS
Business unit: Societe Generale Singapore Branch
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 24/12/2019