Commodities Markets Manager, Financial Accounting Advisory Services, Assurance, Singapore
- Not Specified
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Ernst & Young Singapore
- 11 Jul 18 2018-07-11
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organisations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organisations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
Join Financial Accounting Advisory Services within Assurance and you will assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function.
The Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team works with businesses and finance teams to address the risks of accounting, financial reporting and regulatory issues. FAAS teams serve as trusted advisors, both practical and innovative, to help our clients navigate through accounting and financial reporting challenges driven by the changing economic and regulatory environment.
Commodities Markets (CM) is a specialization within FAAS, focused on clients active in trading energy, metals, agriculture, chemical and related products. Our clients include:
- Global trading houses specializing in trading commodities
- Trading divisions of large conglomerates, consumer goods and industrial companies buying and selling commodities
- Financial trading and broking companies
- Industry bodies and infrastructure providers in the sector
Your key responsibilities
As a CM Manager, you will be a founding member of the team in Singapore. You will have a unique opportunity to initiate and build a new business. You will engage with clients, bringing them benefit from our insights, creativity and energy. Together with local leadership, leveraging FAAS- and firm-wide pool of people as well as global CM specialists, you will build a regional pipeline, pursue opportunities and deliver high-quality engagements.
Specifically, you will:
- Work closely with the practice leaders to develop and/or support the execution of account strategies
- Support the practice leaders and senior executives in generating new business connections and development of engagement pipeline
- Engage in conversations directly with clients or through EY connections to understand the needs of prospective and current accounts
- Support pursuits and bids, through formal (e.g. RFP) or informal mechanisms
- Manage the various projects and ensure the successful delivery of service offerings to our client
- Proactively participate in staff recruitment, mentoring, development and career path planning for our staff
- Ensure effective and efficient project execution according to professional and EY standards, set budgets, and timelines
To qualify for the role you must have
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in:
- Commodity markets including energy, agriculture, or metals
- Trading Instruments, products, and commercial arrangements/structures in the commodity industry;
- Risk management practices for various types of risks (market, credit, operational, compliance, etc.); and
- Key commodity operating functions across the transaction lifecycle (front, middle, and back office).
- Exposure to the physical commodities trading sector is essential. This experience may have been gathered through exposure to professional services (audit, consulting, technology, outsourcing) or operational roles in trading houses or banks.
- Experience in commodity new products & business initiatives and projects, including working with and/or implementation of a Commodity Trading Risk Management application (e.g., OpenLink, Sungard, Triple Point, Allegro, etc.) strongly preferred
- Solution-oriented with a “go-getter” personality who is motivated to identify ways to deliver value to clients
- Demonstrated interest in commodities trading sector through education, work or extra-curricular experience
- Willing to try new ways to solve old problems through the innovative application of process and technology, as well as to drive change in the industry
- Experience in managing a diverse client/ project/ task portfolio is essential
- Experience of managing teams and individuals is preferred
- Experience in a start-up business or team will be beneficial
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident, independent and adaptable
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Want to get to know us better?
Become a fan on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eycareerssingapore
Connect with us on Linked In: http://bit.ly/EYLinked_Careers
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/EY_Singapore
Watch us on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/ernstandyoungglobal