- Permanent, Full time
- BP Plc.
- 07 May 19
The role will be accountable for managing and developing projects that are initiated in the marketing and origination or trading teams or the global systems transformation teams. The incumbent will need to work closely with the business and functions to ensure that the projects are delivered within scope, on budget and within the timelines agreed.
~BP’s Integrated Supply & Trading function (IST) operates across all of BP’s businesses and provides the commercial face of BP to the traded commodity and financial markets. IST works in partnership with BP's two business segments to generate additional value by optimising and managing the flow of commodities from wellhead to market, and by applying entrepreneurial skills to trading activities. Organized in Global Commodity Supply and Trading Books we have supply trading teams deployed in each of our regional hubs, Chicago, London and for the Eastern Hemisphere, Singapore.
The Global Oil Eastern Hemisphere (GOEH) region is the supply and trading arm of BP in the East and is the trading face of BP in the Eastern and Mid-Eastern markets. GOEH supports other BP businesses by providing a competitive supply and trading function that covers Oil, LPG, Methanol, Power and Gas as well as a suite of risk management tools.
The IST trading books in the region also generate entrepreneurial income through trading activities and the optimisation of blending and shipping operations. The main objective is to grow the Eastern supply and trading business into a leading organisation that is not only profitable and safe but also one that respects the environment and communities that we operate in.
The Strategic Development Team supports IST’s growth agenda by providing the project management and change management expertise for systems and commercial projects developed either globally or regionally. The team also provides process reviews expertise and champions the continuous improvement agenda for the business. The team faces challenges in terms of the complexity of the projects being developed, the rigorous internal approvals, processes and documentation that needs to be complied with and the integration of new with old and existing processes and systems.
This role will work closely with various internal stakeholders that include functional leads, originators, traders, operators, mid and back office staff as well as the central project delivery teams (if applicable) to ensure the successful delivery of the transformation projects and the integration of new business activities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the development of the plan for all projects undertaken, guiding and applying resources to ensure smooth project delivery.
- Development and maintenance of appropriate project evaluation models. Provide input to Structuring to ensure that models are built in accordance with EEM.
- Facilitate, engage and enroll team, key partners and other stakeholders to undertake appropriate project assurance activity and secure necessary approvals
- Ensure all projects follow the Assurance and Approval Standard and Control Process, CVP, Major Project Guidelines and GIAAP guidelines and requirements.
- Support business cases for each targeted opportunity, ensuring fundamental supply and demand analyses are incorporated so that business is able to identify, define and prioritize sources of value and required resources, relationships, asset access, capability, flows and risk mitigation strategies.
- Represent EH’s business views and requirements to the Central Project Teams for any global projects
- Document and develop the processes necessary for the new systems and new commercial activities
- Lead the implementation of different aspects of projects covering definition of data and business requirements, development and running of business test scenarios, development of reports, queries and training program for business users
- Work as an essential part of wider commercial team, driving opportunities to present deals for approval.
- Assist in any other on-going projects or review/assurance activities
- 6-10 years of experience in managing commercial projects including setting up new markets/products under trading/banking environment
- Proven track record in leading teams to develop and implement business processes and system implementation
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Good understanding of project management methodologies
- Experience working in complex matrix teams