Commercial Cards Senior Architect
The Architecture Sr Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Directly manages a team of Architects including: coaching/motivating staff; performance management; compensation decisions; and staff career development.
- Interfaces with the business/client in terms of defining the requirements of the effort as well as its applicable resources.
- Interfaces with vendors to assess their technology and to guide their product roadmap based on Citi requirements.
- Executes the architectural vision for all IT systems through major, complex IT architecture projects; ensures that architecture conforms to enterprise blueprints.
- Develops technology road maps, while keeping up to date with emerging technologies, and recommends business directions based on these technologies.
- Provides technical leadership and is responsible for developing components of, or the overall systems design.
- Translates complex business problems into sound technical solutions.
- Exhibits in depth understanding of concepts and procedures within architecture and has basic knowledge of those elements in other areas.
- Has in depth understanding of how architecture integrates within technology and has commercial awareness.
- Shares responsibility for budget, policy formulation and planning.
- Requires evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated or novel situations; uses multiple sources of information.
- Impacts the area through delivery of end results and contributions to planning, finances/ budget formulation of policies.
- Influences and negotiates with senior leaders (across functions); may communicate and negotiate with external parties.
- Performs other job duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
Technical / Functional Proficiency:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15+ years of experience working on complex projects.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in leading globally distributed teams successfully
- Project management, interpersonal, and communication skills, with high attention to minute details.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership of multiple large scale/complex global software solutions for cards processor platform like Visionplus
- Strong understanding of object oriented analysis and design, design patterns, high availability and concurrent programming
- Interpret business strategy and determine innovative solutions with the ability to manage and evaluate data and innovation pipeline
- Design, research, develop, analyse and recommend new solutions to enable strategic decision making and go to market process
- Demonstrated excellent software development skills. Strong experiences in implementation of the following technologies: Mainframe, CICS, DB2, Java, J2EE, Spring framework, Hibernate, JPA, App Server
- Visionplus application development experience with knowledge of COBOL, CICS and IBM mainframes platform and integration with open source platforms is desirable
- Experience in building enterprise transaction based system with focus on recovery, stability, reliability, scalability and performance.
- Experience in building multithreaded applications and troubleshooting complex issues related to it.
- Experience in working on JMS / MQ applications.
- Experience in working multiple OS (Unix, Linux, Win)
- Experience developing SOA, APIs and writing/consuming web services
- Experience developing solutions involving ETL any Big Data concepts
- Experience in performance tuning of large technical solutions with significant volumes
- Strong Database experience (DB2/Oracle/SQL)
- Understanding of inter-networking concepts, firewall, communication protocols is a plus
- Experience in using Legacy Mainframe and Open Source technology
- Knowledge of Web security framework
- Experience of developing teams of permanent employees and vendors
- A good understanding of the credit card industry and functions of HSM and different types of keys.
- Requires Strong Stakeholder Management experience to drive discussions between Business, Solutions, Operations and Application Teams.
- Ability to build a comprehensive understanding of project stakeholders, subject matter, and priorities
- Leadership and strong communication skills
- Flexible to work across different Time zones supporting stakeholders across LATAM, EMEA and ASPAC regions.
- Strong customer service focuses with the ability to communicate with highly technical management teams.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, both technical and functional.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, interpersonal, and team building skills.
- Managing time and changing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to provide quick turnaround to software issues and management requests
- Ability to assimilate key issues and concepts and come up to speed quickly
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade : ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type : ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .