- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 30 Nov 17
Commercial Banking Ecosystem Sales, Transaction Banking
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details..PURPOSE:
* To drive "new to bank" revenues and product/market penetration with assigned portfolio of Commercial Banking (CB) clients at regional, or local buying centres (depending on role).
* Up-tier and strengthen relationships with major and key clients (may include New to Bank) through positioning ourselves as value add and consultative partner - help the clients to achieve their finance needs and goals through provision of solutions that address client needs and demonstrate value in the relationship.
Understanding of Client
* Deep understanding of clients' business needs, footprint, buying centers and decision making process.
* Own Account Plan commitment and ensuring client level targets are met.
* Pro-actively lead Ecosystem opportunity development together with CB Ecosystem Management Team.
* Execute activities in line with TB sales pipeline policy.
* Regular inspection and update of pipeline
* Build full access to trade finance or cash management decision makers through active client calling.
* Increase client penetration and revenues for the bank by actively promoting the bank's network and product capabilities to Ecosystem Client (eg VPP,RS, SCF, Factoring etc)
* Take the lead in identifying explicit and implied client needs, engaging key influencers and decision makers, developing solutions and leading proposals and pitches to clients.
* Maintain a detailed and up-to-date knowledge of the bank's comprehensive integrated channels capabilities and their application to client needs - use this knowledge in structuring solutions.
* Facility structuring for Value Added Ecosystem Trade deals.
* Development of cash, liquidity and transactional FX solutions.
* Proposal and pitches to the clients.
* Complete ownership of client level revenue for cash, trade and TBFX for Ecosystem Client.
* Manage the execution through to revenue realization (as per scorecard metric of completed implementation rather than deal closed)
* Drive engagement with clients/other units to ensure revenue realization if any issues surface.
* Document negotiation for new to bank business.
Client servicing support
* Ensure that any post sales service issues identified are managed appropriately by Client Service Group or Premier Service Management
* Ensure client has access to self help tools (e.g. S2B Info Manager)
* Manage all TB Sales risks in the Country (incl. through BORFs & CORCs), conform to global standards, improve risk metrics, e-enablement & culture, and ensure no failed audits (internal & external)
* Adhere to good sales practices in relation to relevant policies, behaviors (per Culture, Conduct & Behaviors) and FOSAF.
* Ensure appropriate TB inputs are incorporated in BCA/Term sheet/Pre-Screening review/Credit Workshop
* Build strong knowledge of local regulations and initiatives of local industry bodies to ensure the business is ahead of the regulatory change agenda.
* Proactively engage business & functional partners / stakeholders to drive the origination sales agenda with clients
* Promote the SCB brand and exemplify the values of the Group in all undertakings, including adherence to the Group Code of Conduct.
* Country TB Heads
* Country and Regional Heads of Products / Segments
* Country/ Regional Heads of Transaction Banking Commercial Banking
* Country Commercial Banking Relationship Management Teams
* Credit Officers
* Represent SCB and Transaction Banking with all stakeholders including Clients and industry bodies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Broad banking experience
* Deep knowledge of Supply Chain Finance background.
* 5-7 years experience in related business
* Proven ability to independently identify, drive and deliver on opportunities.
* Strong executive impact and track record of new to bank sales success.
* Certification in advanced Trade / Cash
* C6 certified
* Practitioner with Advanced / Expert Cash and or Trade knowledge.
* Structuring Solutions and ability to handle documentation.
* Strong credit understanding and experience.
* Seen as an industry expert in Cash and/or Trade.
* Market Intelligence: ability to anticipate global trends in market and impact on strategy and plans.
* Understanding of how to work effectively within a matrix / network organisation.
* Capable of analysing working capital and funding needs
* Ability to proactively identify client needs and create solutions to generate new to bank business.
* Ability to cultivate a network of relationships in the client with key influencers and senior decision makers to identify and win deals.
* Ability to probe the commercial implications of a client's needs and provide solutions and advice that positively impact the client's operational and financial performance.
* Wants to be a trusted advisor - positions as the "go to" person for clients when they desire strategic TB input.
* Strong credibility with key stakeholders, i.e. Risk, CIB, GTO and ability to develop diverse and inclusive relationships at multiple levels of the organization
* Client centric with sharp commercial focus, analytical mindset, consultative engagement style, innovative problem solving approach, and strong achievement orientation.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.