Commercial Banking (CB) Product Associate - APAC
- Permanent, Full time
- J.P. Morgan
- 25 May 19
Commercial Banking (CB) Product Associate - APAC
As one of the world's premier commercial and investment banks, JPMorgan Chase serves corporations, financial institutions, governments and institutional investors around the world. We advise clients on corporate strategy and structure, help them raise capital, make markets in financial instruments and provide sophisticated risk management services.
APAC CB is part of Commercial Banking at JPMorgan Chase which focuses on APAC subsidiaries of US headquartered companies who require traditional banking services in APAC, and going forward we will be expanding in Europe and APAC to support headquartered companies in these regions. Our competitive advantage is that we cover this market through a partnership with our global bankers who build relationships with our clients and offer customized financial solutions. This approach brings together integrated banking solutions, primarily cash management & liquidity solutions, for our clients & prospects. Other products that we provide include working capital financing, asset based financing, overdrafts & foreign exchange. We have been helping clients to do business overseas for over 200 years. Global expansion is a long-term commitment and our firm offers unsurpassed international banking capabilities that help a client to build a thriving, global business.
The APAC CB Product Solutions team is looking for a dynamic individual to join the team as a Product Solutions Associate.
• Support the CB APAC Product Solutions team in offering TS product solutions for CB clients (Middle Market, Corporate Client Banking & Specialised Industries & Real Estate Segments)
• Through developing a deep knowledge of the TS APAC product suite, help to respond to product questions from the APAC International Coverage Executives, US based International Product Specialists, Treasury Management Officers and bankers.
• Under the guidance of the team lead, work closely with the front office coverage teams to gather, prioritise and analyse gaps in the APAC product offering. Partner with both CIB Product & the CB Investment team to agree funding for critical items and monitor execution progress.
• Prepare regular product update materials for the monthly CB APAC Product Update, BCF Forum, bi-monthly product update session with coverage teams, as well as various reporting as required by senior management.
• Help to coordinate the New Business Initiative Assessments (NBIA) and Application Assessment (AA) process with the respective product managers as required.
• Assist with the client Win/Loss Debrief process.
• Help the respective product manager to manage commercialization of new products/launches and track client pipelines, mandates & revenue generation. Help with the roll out of smart targeting in APAC.
• Assist with the creation of Pitch Pro presentations for both internal (for senior stakeholders) and external use for clients. Act as the central point of contact for all product related marketing collaterals. Use Excel, Qlikview, Customer Knowledge Center (CKC), SalesHub & business reporting tool to quickly produce key client & internal metrics.
• Manage and track all exception pricing and fee waiver requests, as well as product approvals.
• Partner closely with CIB product counterparts, CB global product teams and the Commercial Banking Coverage organisation.
• Support the team lead on key projects such as CCBSI expansion and 20-100mm international launch, etc.
The position represents an excellent opportunity for candidates to:
• Gain broad exposure to all TS products including core cash, TSFX, liquidity and eCommerce.
• Gain exposure to global coverage and product teams in the Commercial Banking business.
• Develop expertise of the Commercial Banking product suite and wider business.
• Improve and develop communication and presentation skills.
Qualifications / Expectations:
• Minimum 2-3 years' experience in relevant banking/financial industries
• Understanding of fundamental TS product knowledge and banking operations
• Strong Excel & Pitch Pro skills
• Demonstrate high performance, personal initiative and a desire to set and achieve challenging goals
• Global minded and willing to take night calls
• Ability to collaborate with teams members of all levels across the business
• Strong written and oral communications skills, with the aptitude to adjust delivery and style based on different audiences and agenda
• Detail and results-oriented, and willing to drive change
• Well-developed organizational skills to manage multiple projects and priorities. Self-directed with the ability to explore innovative ways to perform tasks in an efficient and timely manner
• Fluent spoken and written English. Ability to speak mandarin a plus
• University degree