Commercial Banking - Senior Know Your Client (KYC) Manager - Vice President/Executive Director
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.
As one of the world's premier commercial and investment banks, JPMorgan Chase serves corporations, financial institutions, governments and institutional investors around the world. We advise clients on corporate strategy and structure, help them raise capital, make markets in financial instruments and provide sophisticated risk management services.
Commercial Banking leads the way in supporting businesses with annual revenues between $20 million and $2 billion as they achieve and sustain their competitive edge. Whether an organization conducts business across town or across borders, we are committed to transforming its banking experience, regardless of industry. With customizable credit and financing, treasury solutions, international banking and real estate services that scale to growing businesses, we ensure we are bringing the best services and expertise to every aspect of our clients' financial needs.
The Corporate Client Banking and Specialized Industries (CCBSI) APAC team is part of the Commercial Bank (CB) at JPMorgan Chase and focuses solely on APAC headquartered companies with global operations typically with revenues of over $500mm which require traditional banking services in addition to investment banking products. Our competitive advantage is that we cover this market in a truly unique way - through a partnership between our corporate bankers and investment bankers who together build relationships with our clients and offer customized financial solutions. Our investment bankers bring strategic ideas to clients, which are executed with investment banking products. Our corporate bankers provide commercial banking products and structure loan facilities for our clients. This approach brings together integrated financial services ranging from cash management to raising capital and partners closely with Investment Banking, Corporate Derivatives Marketing, Treasury Services and Asset and Wealth Management, among others.
The Know Your Customer (KYC) Manager is responsible for the day-to-day overall management of KYC Relationship Officers (KRO). The KYC Manager, based out of Singapore and reporting to the CCBSI KYC Executive, who is located in the United States, is a key player to ensuring the business is implementing and maintaining a robust AML/KYC program and will work in close partnership with Bankers, Treasury, Credit, Compliance, and other internal partners. The KYC Manager will manage a team of KROs, who are responsible for completing KYC for APAC based CCBSI clients. The KYC Manager is responsible for recruiting, performance management, employee development and coaching, training and staff readiness as well as managing the team's pipeline of work, escalating issues or concerns, and effectively partnering with the various compliance stakeholders, all to ensure a robust KYC program. Responsibilities:
• Evaluate staff performance and provide feedback via informal discussions, quarterly/semiannual meetings and annual review process. Manages the team's pipeline to ensure timely completion of KYC records and appropriate management of the team's capacity
• Work directly with head of CCBSI APAC to support business needs
• Coordinate and lead regular team meetings, where appropriate
• Provide KROs with guidance and resources to perform their specified job functions
• Act as a point of contact for escalations and high priority requests from internal/external stakeholders
• Facilitates the collaboration of ideas and recommends the best solutions
• Participating in the interviewing and hiring of new KROs
• Work with direct manager and local market leadership to maintain proactive management of client escalations, issues and other items that require special handling related to KYC record completion
• Partner effectively with compliance stakeholders as needed to ensure risks and escalations are handled correctly
• Scheduling and attending meetings with the CCBSI APAC banking teams, ensuring proper engagement and responsiveness to their requests Qualifications:
• BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience in financial services
• Strong verbal and written communication skills (must be proficient in English)
• Exceptionally proficient in English, both verbal and written fluency is necessary
• High preference for Mandarin proficiency (written must, speaking preferred)
• Excellent people and resource management skills (e.g. people development, pipeline/skills monitoring, training programs)
• Prior management/supervisory experience required (minimum two years; five or more years preferred)
• KYC/AML/BSA experience is a plus
• Being aware of regulatory changes and current events, both local and cross border, that may have an impact on existing and potential client relationships
• Adept to meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Ability to attend critical meetings during US business hours
• Able to work independently while ensuring success to the broader objective of the firm
• Adapt to change and display receptiveness to changing job responsibilities
• Strong time management, organizational, planning and follow-up skills, ability to multi-task effectively
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to partner with internal partners and leverage internal resources
• Ability to use various computer and internet applications and tools to support the KYC process, including reporting, analyzing and tracking metrics
• Proficient in MS Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint