Cluster Head, South East Asia
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Business, Strategy, Operations & Infrastructure
- Responsible for transaction processing and operational delivery of South East Asia cluster to enable front to back, seamless, client focused delivery
- Drive South East Asia cluster to streamline processes, enhance productivity, reduce risk and improve controls
- Accountable for South East Asia cluster transaction processing and deliverables
- Partner with the Cash Product team to support the commercialization potential of the South East Asia cluster Processing business, i.e. higher cash revenues, increased liability balances and improved fee income
- Define and Develop the strategic direction and roadmap for South East Asia cluster aligned with Business Strategy and investment appetite, ensuring the Client Journey achieves delivery of the product backlog in line with the business strategy
- Ensure the client experience is seamless based on efficient processing, timely resolution of client exceptions and is perceived as an enabler by the business to generate and retain client flows
- Accountable for ensuring systems, capabilities, infrastructure and processes are fit for purpose and are implemented as per required standards across all locations, and remediated where not
- Clear understanding of operational capacity and headroom for future growth
- Ensure constant client input to the process to elevate the client experience, and drive the service teams to deliver high quality client interactions with solutions that meet client expectations
- Empower teams across the South East Asia cluster footprint to leverage the new Ways of Working to experiment, innovate and iterate to deliver best in class solutions as part of the Client Journey construct
Governance & Risk Management
- Responsible for leading South East Asia cluster Operations on Strategy, Operating Model, Risk and Controls standards and compliance with regulations, and ensure business processes are aligned with the organization's strategic goals
- Collaborate with Technology on futuristic digital opportunities, pre-empt disruptive forces and commercialise innovative use of technologies
- Lead initiatives to innovate and digitize processes as well as driving collaboration and best practice sharing across the network
- Accountable for the overall budget for the function and the delivery of the Business Efficiency targets - leveraging the economies of scale inherent in the product aligned architecture to deliver streamlined end to end process
- Drive continual experimentation within the Client Journey to deliver outcomes that align to the strategy and product backlog
- Partner with the Business, taking product programs from Client Journey investment decisions, into design, specification, and solution phases, securing support services from other teams. The term "Product" is used here in a generic sense to describe required capabilities. It includes capabilities that are needed to meet regulatory requirements as well as capabilities for supporting "internal clients"
- Responsible as an escalation point for operational or client issues into business and operations governance committee - identify remedial solutions and oversee timely, efficient implementation
- Role model a strong, collaborative business relationship between Cash delivery teams across the global South East Asia cluster footprint. Maintain strong lines of communication across our Cash footprint through an effective communication process
- Regular review of business and performance metrics to ensure transparency to stakeholders and in line with the Client Journey plan.
Business Continuity Management
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness become apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees in line with the banks policies
- Partner with the relevant Sustainability Product Owner to ensure the South East Asia cluster operations teams are performing to an acceptable risk and control standard as per the defined Client Journey Sustainability framework
- Work with the relevant the Risk team to develop, design and implement control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management
- Ensure that material risks that are brought to stakeholders' attention which affect business processes and critical systems and projects are monitored, managed (to minimise loss and risk), and escalated accordingly
- Responsible as system owner for relevant applications aligned for the function
People and Talent
- Responsible for ensuring an adequate Business Continuity Management ("BCM") plan is in place across the business, to facilitate continuity of critical business operations in the event of significant business interruption.
- Responsible for ensuring the business impact assessment and business management plan is across the business.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Lead and support a change in mindset, building a culture of client centricity, agility, and accountability through standardised metrics and measurement, with the expectation that everyone in South East Asia cluster Operations are drivers and owners of client outcomes
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Sets appropriate tone and expectations for the team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people such that the team is skilled and experienced to deliver its obligations. Ensure succession planning for critical roles
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development, ensure that direct reports are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles and that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives
- Review team structure and capacity plans in accordance with change in business structure and demand.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct
- Provide oversight across the South East Asia cluster Operations footprint, ensuring compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Through the Business Risk Managers monitor the effective communication and implementation of regulatory changes
- Engage with local regulatory stakeholders and build trusted and valued relationships to drive outcomes that are satisfactory to the conduct of business in that relevant hub.
- TB and Cash MT
- TB COO MT
- Cash Strategic Pillar Leads
- TB/Cash Country heads
- TB/Cash Universal Market heads
- Technology heads
- Regional COOs
Our Ideal Candidate
- Leverage the opportunity provided by Corporate Social Responsibility to enhance the Group's internal and external reputation and indirectly influence the bottom line.
- Promote the Group's brand and Here for good with employees, clients and regulators.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Maintain effective communication with key stakeholders, including regulators and staff.
- 10+ years of Banking experience
- Customer Focus
- Drives vision and purpose
- Action oriented
- Manage change
- Manage Frontline risk
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.