Reporting to the Head of Technical Architecture, the role is Cloud Technical Architect which is a key component in our client's multi cloud Strategy, the position will aid the development of multi work streams and projects using different cloud vendors in EMEA as well as APAC and especially in China due to regulatory constraints. This is a global position which has a remote report to a manager in EMEA, the job requires a fully self-motivated individual who will take direction well and build solutions locally but with Global standards.
Key duties and responsibilities
On behalf of the Head of Technical Architecture, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and maintaining cloud environments in such environments such as Azure, AWS, Alibaba, 21 ViaNet
- Coordinating with consultants to set up systems and environments in the clouds
- Verify all consultants utilize systems and environments using standards
- Support the IT developers in their needs for new systems and help them archive that using the Cloud technology.
- Promote Technical Service Catalog and practices.
- Propose technical evolutions of the existing systems according to its knowledge of the applications, technologies applications are based upon and user requirements
- Control & Verify applications are running 24x7 and performances are within design specifications
- Involve vendor support for unusual system problems
- Make sure all applications and systems are fully patched and secure for security and/or compliance requirements.
- Participate to incidents and problems resolution
- Alert or escalate to IT management of any issues or prospective project roadblocks
Required experience & competencies
- 3 to 5 years of Experience in Private or Public Clouds ( Azure, AWS)
- 5 to 10 years of experience in Production and Technical Architecture
• Strong background in Cloud Technologies
• Risk assessment skills
• Knowledge of information system technologies and products
• Cross platform and technology knowledge
• Project Management skills
• Effective interpersonal communication skills and ability to direct colleagues
• Presentation skills
Mandrin speaking capability as the incumbent is required to liase with China based teams.
Managerial competencies (if applicable):
• Influence, management, and facilitation skills
- Bachelors ’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Certification as a CISSP or CISA, preferred.
EA Reg no: R1876472 & EA License no: 11C4684
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, Licence No.: 11C4684