Cloud Software Engineer, Associate
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Our Cloud Services Group is teeming with passionate innovators like you who are rapidly designing, building and deploying groundbreaking internal and public cloud platforms. By putting your technological know-how to work on creating best-in-class cloud-aware applications, your efforts will help us work faster and smarter, not to mention reinforce our position as a global leader in fintech cloud services.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in technology
- Experience in adopting new technologies to improve team productivity or product capabilities
- Exposure to building frameworks and tooling for large-scale engineering operations, resiliency patterns like circuit breakers, bulkheads, backpressure, etc. using tools like Hystrix
- Exposure to authentication, authorisation protocols and solutions as well as GraphQL and REST API Development
- Experience developing cloud native applications on platforms like CloudFoundry, Kubernetes, Heroku, AWS, GCP, Azure etc.
- Exposure to effective operational patterns like SLOs, metrics, health checks, error budgets, distributed tracing, etc., using tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Zipkin, Jaeger, ELK etc.
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about new technologies and building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
- Strong problem solver, ability to think out of the box